Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Turns Down team GB

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm a bit disappointed by this. He could with a confidence boost. Couple of goals in the Olympics in front of a home crowd would be better IMHO than a straight forward pre-season would be. Presumably if he played matches for GB, he'd just play less friendlies, can't see that the fatigue/being fresh argument holds up really.

Sounds like politics to me. The Scottish FA haven't been happy with TeamGB from the start, and it looks like something might have been said to the Scottish squad.

It certainly appears that way.

Time to let them have their independence. It will stop the English having to subsidize them any more.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Fair enough. I wouldn't turn down the chance to play in the Olympics. Once in a lifetime opportunity, I doubt they'll ever be a GB Olympic football team again, unless we host the Olympics again which by then these players will be a lot older/dead.

barndoor is actualy starting to believe he is a sweaty sock

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As a Brighton fan, I'm delighted he's turned it down. I don't think it would have mattered, I would be surpised if he had made the cut anyway, but it can only be good news for us that he's focusing on next season with Brighton, and Scotland.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CMS wants to make sure he is included in Scotland's World Cup squad, so seems like he did the smart political/professional thing by ruling himself out of Team GB.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good for him! The more players that turn down Team GB (for whatever reasons) the happier I'll be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here