Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Penalty Video

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Am I watching this wrong but I thought that it went to the keepers right side and the keeper went left rather than straight down the middle. I would have said it looked from the video to be nearer the post than the middle.

Christ you really do need an eye test

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I could have sworn it went in off the post but after careful reviewing it did indeed go down the middle.!

Actually, you could be right - the net bulges in the middle, but the ball rebounds quickly to the left! How does that happen? Spin??

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Great penalty, Rotten radio commentary. Deserved to win the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have watched it many times and even got wife to watch it and she agrees that the ball hit the side netting to the keepers right. That is with my glasses both on and off.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Just watched the video a few more times and the ball hit the side netting so how is that straight down the middle.

I think you might want to watch that a few more times then....

Your eyesight might be failing but you are right, a shit penalty it wasn't. Very well struck, albeit a tad risky in terms of placement.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I had the advantage of being stood behind the goal - it was straight down the middle!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CMS Pen v Watford.png

This still is so soon after the ball crossed the line, the fans haven't reacted to it going in yet. If it had hit either side netting and some how gained the momentum to bounce up that high at the back of the net, the fans would already have their arms in the air.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyone who saw his penalty against wrexham he smashed that down the middle as well :)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just watched the video a few more times and the ball hit the side netting so how is that straight down the middle.
Please take another look....that is smack in the middle....the chances are the goalie will move left or right....one down the middle.....they don't like it 'up 'em.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I paused it at 7 secs and it definitely appears to hit the side netting.

Look at the tension in the net on the picture I've posted. Look at the top of the net and the way it is being pulled in a straight line towards the back, in keeping with the ball flying directly to hit the back of the net.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here