Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Im "following" a twitter search for Brighton + CMS and there are new tweets about this by the minute. True or not, this rumour is flying. :lol:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So the chairman of Peterborough recieves a bid of over £3m for one of his players, what does he do first?

A) Let opposite chairman know he is accepting the bid.
B) Let the player know he is accepting the bid.
C) Let the players agent know he is accepting the bid.
D) Let Darren Ferguson know he is accepting another offer which may or may not delay his plans for bringing in new faces.

or

E) Get on twitter and tell those privelaged enough to see his tweets.

This may all be bollocks, but you're assuming that the bid has just come in and he's just got on twitter. Isn't the word that we tabled a larger bid yesterday? Ergo over 24 hours ago, ergo had plenty of time to inform those concerned BEFORE he gets on twitter.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This may all be bollocks, but you're assuming that the bid has just come in and he's just got on twitter. Isn't the word that we tabled a larger bid yesterday? Ergo over 24 hours ago, ergo had plenty of time to inform those concerned BEFORE he gets on twitter.

"Ergo". Lovely word.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He’d be a quality signing. However, what makes it more likely that this accepted bid is from us and not West Ham etc?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen shot 2011-07-03 at 23.31.55.png
Screen shot 2011-07-03 at 23.30.54.png

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im "following" a twitter search for Brighton + CMS and there are new tweets about this by the minute. True or not, this rumour is flying. :lol:
doing the same. still dont think he'll be joining us though

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The argus article recently suggested Gus still wanted to try and get him. So if we put in a "strong" offer. And we know what others have had accepted, we must know what we need to do to get a bid accepted. If Gus still wants him. Which he apparently does.

So us putting in a new bid about now makes perfect sense, infact we should be expecting it.

Whether he signs is another thing tho I guess.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I cant help thinking that we've come in with an improved bid at the eleventh hour having recieved some indication from the players agent that his client is interested. Why else would we leave it this late? Bearing in mind it looked like it was all done and dusted with Leicester on Friday. This all assuming we were the bidding club of course.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

I'm not assuming anything i was replying to the fact that another poster said that potentially CMS may not have been informed yet but that twitter had, i would imagine twitter would have been way down Darragh Macanthony's list of priorities.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
...has it happened yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here