Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS being recalled for boxing day

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not a CMS fan (wrong type of footballer for me and missed too many chances) but can see that he could work well with Bent. With the squad we have then this hopefully will be a good call.

McSmudger recalled to save money , rather than signing a new striker, we are ****ed

D

Deleted member 22389

Why does this feel like the best idea I have heard in the last 3 months. CMS and Bent up front. I'm starting to feel optimisitic again.
We need something different.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We have never played CMS in the correct position but wide right cutting in is in my opinion our best chance to finally put that right

To play that role you need to have a good first touch to quickly get the ball under control and good ball control when you cut inside. They aren't the strengths you associate with CMS. He is best when given a free role chasing anything and anyone around the back four to force errors and create opportunities

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I don't bother to post much here but what a miserable lot have done so, so far! CMS does have a poor first touch but in the right area, as he often is, with the right sort of service (& Adam Virgo commented on the poor service Bent got last week, so I hope Jones has noted that) he can score goals. CMS long injury, followed by fairly obvious disdain from Hyppia, can't have helped. Put him in the right place, with decent passes in front of him & he can get goals. He's also capable of providing very good passes up front, though it's a shame KLL is injured to work with him. The other thing is that for quite a while, CMS been a bit of a local hero here, hasn't he? Jones will keep a lot of fans happy by recalling him so perhaps he's hoping things will quieten down for a while.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Additionally, given the amount of abuse the players have been getting on this forum over their lack of desire and application recently, I think it's great that a we have recalled a player that, whilst he may not be the most adept, has BHA in his blood. All this negativity has surely got to stop now Hyypia's gone - support the team, support Jones whilst he's caretaking and let's look to the future.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't understand why we let CMS go in the first place. We loaned out O'Grady, understandably, but we should have made sure we kept all our other strikers. We left ourselves short of options for games without him and it will be good to have him available again!

I really think if he'd been able to come on for Bent on Saturday rather than Colunga, the end of the game could have been different.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I don't understand why we let CMS go in the first place. We loaned out O'Grady, understandably, but we should have made sure we kept all our other strikers. We left ourselves short of options for games without him and it will be good to have him available again!

I really think if he'd been able to come on for Bent on Saturday rather than Colunga, the end of the game could have been different.
This. With Baldock being injured we shot ourselves in the foot really.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This. With Baldock being injured we shot ourselves in the foot really.

Especially with the loan situation. If we'd had CMS available, he could have replaced one of the attacking loan options against Millwall (either starting or on the bench) and we could have played Bennett at left back! I'd be interested to know who made the decision to let him go on loan. If it was Hyypia, then it's another reason to be glad he's gone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here