Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clydesdale Bank 40, Group A: Sussex v Worcestershire at Horsham, Aug 14, 2011

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was the match played on a tennis court ? bloody short boundaries by the look of it ?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I thought they did well to win by 80 runs?

We should have dominated it to be fair. Great knock from Moeen Ali but there was some poor bowling from Sussex. Worcs were awful in the field though. Several fumbles and mistakes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Parnell was awful to be fair, he really is the worst bowler i've ever seen

Ah, you've not been watching Sussex very long then. The days when our attack was Denman, Marshall and Phillipson still haunts me

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Parnell was awful to be fair, he really is the worst bowler i've ever seen

Your not the first person to say that, apparently he`s been dire.
I`ve only seen him in the one day matches and he started off well in the 20/20`s then got injured and has been crap since he came back.
My mate blamed him for the four day defeat against Worcs.

Funny thing is i thought Yardy bowled quite well yesterday and he went for 72 off his 8 overs.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Your not the first person to say that, apparently he`s been dire.
I`ve only seen him in the one day matches and he started off well in the 20/20`s then got injured and has been crap since he came back.
My mate blamed him for the four day defeat against Worcs.

Funny thing is i thought Yardy bowled quite well yesterday and he went for 72 off his 8 overs.

The problem with Parnell is that he seems to try and bowl everything at 90mph.

Now in proper cricket you can get away with that, as long as the line and length is correct and the slips are in place. However in the one day cricket and 20/20 rounders, you need variation, yorkers and slower balls and Parnell seems to struggle with that.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
The problem with Parnell is that he seems to try and bowl everything at 90mph.

Now in proper cricket you can get away with that, as long as the line and length is correct and the slips are in place. However in the one day cricket and 20/20 rounders, you need variation, yorkers and slower balls and Parnell seems to struggle with that.

Shouldn`t be struggling though if he plays in the IPL.
He is going to have to step up to the plate if we are going to stay up and win the CB40.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here