Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs you dislike for no apparent reason

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Southampton for the "we're just passing through.." attitude of their fans and the for that they havent probably rebelled against their chairmen employing a "rugger chum" as a coach.

Did you see in the press conference - I want to be a premiership manager in a couple of years ? Right - I'm gonna be a brain surgeon then.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The Bristol city bastards.
Stoke City-the ground is overated, their town is a hole, their fans are clowns, their team is average and we never beat them!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Once upon a time ,a long time ago,I wrote to every club to ask for a programme.

Two (2) clubs responded.Manchester United.Sunderland.Still waiting for the others,though hope is fading.It was 1957.

So I wouldn't include those clubs.No.My less than rational unlikeable bunch of no account losers ?

Wolverhampton Wanderers.Always banging on about Billy Wright,and that truly awful jock pundit on Sky played for them,too.Dire regional accent and the Disability Rights Campaigner as the manager.

Oh! Rational after all.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Manchester United, because this guy I knew said he had "never heard of Brighton and Hove Albion" before he met me (he wasn't joking, he literally hadn't heard of them), and that football outside of the Premiership wasn't "real football", whatever the f*** that means. I think he has seen United play ONCE and when I said 'oh you should go to games, come and see a local away game with me, I'll pay for you', he declined and said he'd prefer to stay in and watch the OC. f***ing hell, he is wet, I still see him around now and then, I'll glass the !!!! one day. :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
Manchester United, because this guy I knew said he had "never heard of Brighton and Hove Albion" before he met me (he wasn't joking, he literally hadn't heard of them), and that football outside of the Premiership wasn't "real football", whatever the f*** that means. I think he has seen United play ONCE and when I said 'oh you should go to games, come and see a local away game with me, I'll pay for you', he declined and said he'd prefer to stay in and watch the OC. f***ing hell, he is wet, I still see him around now and then, I'll glass the !!!! one day. :angry:

That's the problem with Manure, I have no real problem with the team but their armchair fans, the majority of whom couldn't point out Old Trfford on a map.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Any team with
a.) Foriegn Managers
b.) any money
c.) Stadium
d.) a Warnock
e.) above us
f.) a full trophy cabinet

and anyone in the 'big time'

and anyone who says 'with all due respect we should be beating teams like brighton':salute:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
edna krabappel said:

-Swindon. See thread referring to them specifically. Just crap.

-QPR. Hideously out of date tinpot stadium, which they have the cheek to believe is a great ground. Think they're much bigger than they are. Marc Bircham, Shittu, cheats.
can't argue with either of them :)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The first time I was ever aware of football in the UK was in the late '60's. I recieved a shortwave radio for my birthday in '68, and found the BBC World Service the next month, when the Soviets invaded Czechoslovakia. I was hooked.

Anyways, I was absolutely entranced by the names of the teams when the complete results were read out on Saturday night.

It was the most awesome sort of found poetry.

Except for 'Hamilton Academicals'.

Competely screwed up the rythm.

"Brighton Hove Albion" on the other hand, is a pair of marvelous dactyls.

"Brighton Hove Albion, Mousa polutropon..."

Old Homer must have been a Seagulls supporter....

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
butchy said:
The Bristol city bastards.
Stoke City-the ground is overated, their town is a hole, their fans are clowns, their team is average and we never beat them!

My thoughts exactly

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Manchester City: they are such a miserable lot, but usually they not only lost at the Goldstone, but got beaten outasight.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Beeercan said:
Any team with
a.) Foriegn Managers
b.) any money
c.) Stadium
d.) a Warnock
e.) above us
f.) a full trophy cabinet

and anyone in the 'big time'

and anyone who says 'with all due respect we should be beating teams like brighton':salute:
That doesn't narrow it down much

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeovil: I saw them playing at Enfield about 12 years ago and their highly aggressive fans would have looked at home as extras in Deliverance or Dawn of the Dead.

Swindon: for all the moaning 2 seasons ago

Reading: for appearing to try to use us as a feeder club

Spurs: because I pass WHL on the way to work, when I am not at my best

Hereford: for no obvious reason

Rangers/Celtic: for the sectarian baggage

Lazio: for the fascist baggage

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I have devloped a dislike for

Sunderland - So called big club with great loyal fans, explain where 15,000 fans went during the close season then you glory hunting tossers.

Bristol City - It was a penalty and you know it, plus abusing people on coaches as you stand on the hard shoulder repairing a flat isnt big or clever.

Norwich - My best mate supports Ipswich and having seen Norwich against them and us this season I havent seen a more timewasting, cheating bunch of wankers in my life. Plus Robert Green deserves to fall in a bucket of Aids.

Swindon - Hitting the bar doesnt win games, you lost fair and square you miserable fucktards.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Clubs I dislike for GOOD reason:
MK Dons
Glasgow Rangers
Crystal Palace
Portsmouth

BUT for NO GOOD reason:

Everton

AND i don't know why!