Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs enquire about Forster...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
not too much detail in todays Argus, but the club unsurprisingly have had loan enquiries about Forster (no clubs named). Poyet says that any talks to Forster regarding the current impasse would be 'complicated'

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My prediction that they will kiss and make up isn't looking too good - whatever was said must have really hit a nerve and - one suspects - may have been rather personal if GP is finding it so hard to build bridges.

Conjecture of course but not looking too good. Even so I will nail my colours to the mast (and I am a big Nicky Forsyer fan!) and say that if we are to prosper we need a manager who is allowed to manage. So for me whatever the rights or wrongs of this situation, the club must back Gus. If that means Nicky going on loan then insist that they pay as much of his salary as possible over the statutory minimum 50% and don't let him go to anyone in the bottom half of League 1 whatever we do!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of them has to be Port Vale.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Basically its the Argus stating the blooming obvious again..

You're right of course - thinking about it the "complicated" quote is a direct lift from an interview a week ago - I forgot what pathetic excuses for journalists the argus are:mad:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have a sneaky feeling this will be sorted and we will see Forster back in an Albion shirt soon.
Poyet is taking a huge risk dropping Forster but at the end of the day you have to back his decision as we know little about the situation.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet can't back down and offer him a new contract before the end of the season otherwise he risks upsetting other members of the squad. Forster can't back down or he will lose face, its a no win situation

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I remeber someone saying when Poyet joined us that Him and Forster would fall out, top marks to whoever that was because it has happened in some style!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have a sneaky feeling this will be sorted and we will see Forster back in an Albion shirt soon.

I suspect you're right. If your job was on the line if we went down wouldn't you want to field your strongest players regardless of politics ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If nothing else, from his own perspective, it must be better for Forster to be in the shop window rather than on the shelf.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Forster joins one of our relegation rivals and starts banging them in, this place will descend into ARMAGEDDON.

And rightly so.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I reckon Nicky will be back for us then off in the summer. Shame as it has tainted an otherwise fantistic servant to the club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why oh why and when oh when did someone whose professionalism I'd always thought second to none suddenly turn into such a complete posturing twat? Honestly.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I really don't think there is anyway back, he may go on loan too one of the top sides in this division or better a championship team, which wouldn't be that bad.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Under no circs should he be allowed to go to another League 1 club.

Agreed BUT........

I'm not sure a Championship side would want him and I doubt that NF would want to drop to League 2!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As someone who forecasted this in advance in an earlier message, there is no way back. Bobby Smith I over again.

Another forecast: I do not anticipate any loan signings, unless it is with a view to a permanent purchase/signing. No more practice matches for Premiership reserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here