Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Twitter - hoping to conclude some business before 11pm (merged)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No growing up to do mate. Somone who registered on here last month tells everyone to get over it........its a bit rich isn't it ?? If you don't know the history then you have no authority to comment on my feelings about this.
Is the right answer! Personally I applaud the growing down reactions on here tonight. Boo hiss to Hammond. You've got a nerve son.

Ps obviously if he scores I'll change my opinion but until then he's a villain in the same company as Gargamel. Boo hiss. Boo.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't care about his past, or the acrimony with some of our fans, I just felt like him being the last name, teased by officialbhafc, trailered with 'the long wait is over...' just not deserved for him. He isn't someone we've been chasing for a while, he isn't someone who will excite the fans, he is just... Hammond. Surplus to requirements of a team who have only just gone up to the premier league. Not good enough for a team yet to get a point in the prem is not a signing you build up, imo.
If he'd never played for Brighton before we'd probably be excited to sign Southampton's captain from last season.

But to build it up with Hammond who does have a checkered history with us does seem odd.

The other thing is whether he's even what we really need. He's in the Crofts mould, a midfield three of Hammond-Bridcutt-Crofts doesn't look creative. I know he's a fave scapegoat for many people but if you're putting Dicker out of the team you need someone to replace his passing ability and I'm not convinced Hammond does that. But we'll have to wait and see how that stuff works out.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Funniest post of the evening :)

He forgot to add that he took a time out from 1994 to 2001 mind...I've supported Palace since the early 80s, except 1979-2012

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Turn it in mate......hardly got any abuse and was totally unjustified what he did.....no respect for the club that brought him through !!!!

Sorry mate but can't agree with you.

When he was in the team he was one of our best players, yet fans were saying he brought nothing to the team. As soon as he was told to leave he was slated with fans saying "f*** off you won't be missed" & "You were shit anyway".

Saluting the south stand at Withdean the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.

He's back now and wants to do the best for his home town club, I just think we should give him the backing we give the rest of our players.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Have you read my fecking reply yet? What you got to say now BUDDY hafeckingha
Your brilliant....hope the mods let you stay as its intelligent posts like this that have made this board worth while over the past 10 years. Welcome on board, look forward to more of your 'hafeckinhas' !!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

When he was in the team he was one of our best players, yet fans were saying he brought nothing to the team. As soon as he was told to leave he was slated with fans saying "f*** off you won't be missed" & "You were shit anyway".

Saluting the south stand at Withdean the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.

He's back now and wants to do the best for his home town club, I just think we should give him the backing we give the rest of our players.

When Archer was in charge of the club he was one of our best chairman, yet fans were saying he brought nothing to the team. As soon as he was told to leave he was slated with fans saying "f*** off you won't be missed" & "You were shit anyway".

Selling the goldstone the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.

He's back now and wants to do the best for his home town club, I just think we should give him the backing we give the rest of our board.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

He'll get the same support I give Harley , can't say fairer than that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here