Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club should cash in on foreign students

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Reading an earlier thread about Spanish students buying Vicente shirts in queens road today I wonder if the club are missing out on a huge earner
At the Amex in summer with the foreign students staying in Sussex .
Coach loads of kids with loads of cash to buy merchandise after a tour of the stadium and then going home to spread the word of the ALBION to Norway , France , sweden etc all wearing Brighton shirts in their local towns
Across Europe . Global domination is in our hands come on mr barber get in touch with EF etc build it & they will come

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm sure Del Boy would of been on the pulse with this one a bit like A slow bus to chingford if only grandad would have distributed the flyers

are you suggesting we take a leaf out of the spiv book?

....I like it.

I can do terry tibbs.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Especially as may, June, July is the worst 3 months of punters coming through the Amex superstore , 3 coach loads of foreign students a day spending cash kerching lovely jubley

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sorry, Southampton are going global, we have no chance.

omgitsjames

Nov 24, 2011
California
I basically learned about the albion because i was living right across the stadium. Sussex uni does an international summer school and most of the students are californians with sugar daddy parents subsidizing their adventure (and can spend money on tickets). The promblem is everyone travels out of brighton most weekends to tour as many places as possible in the uk or europe while they have the chance

I have been converting my friends and family since returning to california. Now to convince them to buy replica shirts

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That's what I was thinking when we had foreign students staying with us they had coach trips organised all over the country , I'm sure the kids would love a tour of the stadium followed by something to eat in dicks bar meet a few players then down to club shop to buy shirts etc ( nice little earner )

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have carried foreign students on coaches for years and believe me when I tell you, they are as plastic as a plastic fan could possibly be! We will have to win the prem at least every other year and every 3rd champions league, travel throughout Asia every summer and buy their local heroes before they would be likely to know who we are, let alone buy our merchandise!

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
What makes you so sure that the club aren't already trying to do this?
We have an excellent commercial department and some very shrewd business people on the books. Do you really think the club wouldn't have thought about this?

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
We have an excellent commercial department and some very shrewd business people on the books. Do you really think the club wouldn't have thought about this?

Yes, exactly. I was on the Amex Tour on Thursday and they had several classrooms doing language lessons and there were some of them clearly doing their own tour of the place.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

this

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I have got two Austrian lads who love football and came home with a Brighton shirt yesterday. I was over the moon and they are now looking forward to a pre-season friendly at Lewes in the rain to ease them in to the Albion. They knew nothing about the Albion until I showed them some programmes and told them a bit of history.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reading an earlier thread about Spanish students buying Vicente shirts in queens road today I wonder if the club are missing out on a huge earner
At the Amex in summer with the foreign students staying in Sussex .
Coach loads of kids with loads of cash to buy merchandise after a tour of the stadium and then going home to spread the word of the ALBION to Norway , France , sweden etc all wearing Brighton shirts in their local towns
Across Europe . Global domination is in our hands come on mr barber get in touch with EF etc build it & they will come
Yes it's great to cash in,but one problem the students will have is not being abled to go to a match as its sold out most weeks,im sure students would love to watch a game as much as buying merchandise???

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I almost started a thread on colours around yesterday. As I am still amazed by the amount of people that now where seagulls merch around town.

When walking around shopping centre etc in the late 90's early 00's, you would just see Chelsea, man utd, Liverpool and arsenal shirts. The occasion spurs shirt or one you could not possibly mention.

If you saw someone wearing Albion shirt or hoody/t-shirt etc you feel compelled to shout SEAGULLS! At that person as loud as you dared.

It's such a great sight now to see children every where ( in the brighton area) decked out in the blue and white stripes rather than there current top 6 prem favs.

The blue and red stripes are rarely if ever seen. Many adults can also be seen with blue and white hoody's/t-shirts and hats/caps etc.

Let's hope these folk do not abandon there blue and white stripes should the going get a bit tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here