Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club fined £10,000?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's not even so much the amount of the fine, although that is staggering, but the fact that West Ham have been fined exactly the same amount as us.

Mullins laid into Virgo and they both got sent off (which was fair enough I suppose) but it was the West Ham players who got stuck in first and the other Albion players who tried to separate them. No other Albion player got involved in the actual fracas.

West Ham should get fined twice the amount simply for playing an ex Palace player. :eek:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was just cameradery, not agression. The F.A. have no idea.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
lost for words on this one. :nono:
i thought the fa were meant to look after their football clubs. what evidence did they actually use to make this fine valid. you could cause a major riot in a town center and get away with a slap on the wrists. but a little commitment and slightly overheated passion in the heat of the moment on the football pitch could put your club in jepordy. add to which the players have served theirs and their clubs punishment by missing 3 games. unbelievable.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sent:

I see that the FA has recently decided, in its wisdom, to fine Brighton and Hove Albion £10,000 for the on pitch behaviour of one player. While this may make sense in some cases, BHA have close to absolutely no money. Years of a nomadic existance have taken their toll, an existance that could have been stopped by the FA had they intervened in the fiasco that was the clubs plight in the mid 1990's.

The club's financial state is so precarious, it has had to turn to the supporters for donations. A 10,000 fine will basically nullify the donations of 40 people paying the recommended amount of £250.

Wheter the decision was valid or not is another matter - in the eyes of most Brighton fans it was not, but no matter what, actually enforcing the fine is a barbaric act when the club are in their current situation.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
MYOB said:
Sent:

Wheter the decision was valid or not is another matter - in the eyes of most Brighton fans it was not, but no matter what, actually enforcing the fine is a barbaric act when the club are in their current situation.

A dangerous precedent could be set here!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
fatboy said:
A dangerous precedent could be set here!

For not fining totally broke clubs?

Who else is totally, utterly, completely skint at the moment - us and Wrexham. Leeds aren't even broke, they can still sign players.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wrexham get next game abandoned in last minute while 3-0 down after "mass brawl" is started...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well, thats a bit extreme. But what happened at WHU wasn't a mass brawl just before the final whistle, it didn't get the game cancelled or anything, and was dealt with by the officials at the time.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Has anyone else got a response from the FA yet? It's over a week since I emailed them - I believe they promise a response in 3 days on the web site, but miserably fail to deliver. Oh well, what do you expect from the FA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here