Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club fined £10,000?

There's nothing on the FA or West Ham websites. The FA site details the charges against the two clubs, but no mention of any verdict.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Puts the fine the racist Spaniards got into perspective doesn't it?:shootself

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
10 k more than premiership clubs! how much did arsenal and man u get fined for that pizza incident?

West Ham and Brighton fined by FA
Brighton and West Ham have each been fined and warned by the Football Association for the brawl during their Championship match in November.
Several players were involved in an incident, which saw Adam Virgo and Hayden Mullins sent off.

A statement on the FA read: "West Ham United and Brighton & Hove Albion were each fined £10,000 and warned as to their future conduct."

Brighton eventually won the match 1-0 at Upton Park on 13 November.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:angry: :angry:

Just what we need.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Ten. Thousand. Pounds?

Ok, I wasn't at the game so didn't see it, but f***ing HELL.

That's basically all the money raised by the club's appeal fund so far, isn't it?

This is outrageous. I'm writing to Brian Barwick.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know the fine is a bit much, but just reading about it brings back memories of a bloody good day out.
Still difficult to believe we beat West Ham at their place, now just bring on Spurs!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Given the circumstances that the club finds itself, a £10,000 fine is a staggering amount. I'd love to know the criteria to which they use to come up with such a figure.

So, if there is a brawl in the Yeading v Newcastle match, that the FA would fine Yeading the same as Newcastle ?

There is no doubt that a £10k fine for us is much more of a slap on the wrist to us than it is to WHU.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Just sent posted this via the FA "comments form" on its website (http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs/Postings/2004/06/Customer_Relations):

I simply cannot believe that the FA has fined Brighton and Hove Albion TEN THOUSAND POUNDS for the fracas at West Ham. Can you blazer-wearing cretins actually see past the end of your own spectacles? While ten thousand pounds might cause a small dent in your average Premiership player or manager's weekly wage packet, it is a seismic amount to a club which hasn't got its own ground and will remain drastically in debt until planning permission is granted for a new one by John Prescott (a process which has so far taken more than four years). I quote from your own website: "Football For All is about fairness. It's about doing things properly. About making sure everyone has a chance to be involved in football, regardless of ability, race or religion. About encouraging and increasing the involvement of groups at all levels of football by recognising that inequalities exist and taking steps to address them."

Might I suggest that those inequalities also extend to wealth? Brighton and Hove Albion has recently had to sell two of its best players and ask its fans to donate cash to the club. I suspect that all the cash donated will now be swallowed up by this ludicrous, unjust, and spiteful punishment. I hope you all feel guilty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said Pevensey.
£10,000 for that poxy little scuffle at Upton Park is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS, and given our circumstances with the Alive & Kicking appeal, its a massive kick in the teeth for the club AND the fans.

I hope DK and MP appeal this decision, but then again, whats the point ? Who can they appeal to ? There isn't another arbitrary body seperate from the FA who they can take this to (other than lawyers, which would be self-defeating anyway).

This f***ing SUCKS.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Just sent posted this via the FA "comments form" on its website (http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs/Postings/2004/06/Customer_Relations):

I simply cannot believe that the FA has fined Brighton and Hove Albion TEN THOUSAND POUNDS for the fracas at West Ham. Can you blazer-wearing cretins actually see past the end of your own spectacles? While ten thousand pounds might cause a small dent in your average Premiership player or manager's weekly wage packet, it is a seismic amount to a club which hasn't got its own ground and will remain drastically in debt until planning permission is granted for a new one by John Prescott (a process which has so far taken more than four years). I quote from your own website: "Football For All is about fairness. It's about doing things properly. About making sure everyone has a chance to be involved in football, regardless of ability, race or religion. About encouraging and increasing the involvement of groups at all levels of football by recognising that inequalities exist and taking steps to address them."

Might I suggest that those inequalities also extend to wealth? Brighton and Hove Albion has recently had to sell two of its best players and ask its fans to donate cash to the club. I suspect that all the cash donated will now be swallowed up by this ludicrous, unjust, and spiteful punishment. I hope you all feel guilty.
:clap: :clap: I am going to e-mail comments too, the FA are absolutely out of touch, faceless beauacratic twits!. Are they trying to kill our club!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is unbelievable. It was only bloody handbags anyway, apart from Virgo and the other guy who both got red cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here