Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

• Yep - put it all back in one place

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • No - leave things as they are for now

Votes: 92 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Leave it where it is in fact there are a few threads on the main board that are now descending into candidates for being moved over to the Covid section.

With the season resuming will be good to see the main board filling up with Albion threads and posts again

Exactly.

In fact, my reaction to this thread was: "can't we have a Board just for Brighton and Hove Albion?" as I'm heartily sick of the usual kws' kneejerk response to everything else.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Echoing a few comments here, please keep it separate. In my opinion, several other threads should be moved from the main board as they are political threads pertaining to the coronavirus.

Would you ever consider having a politics sub-section? That would clean up the board no end. There seem to be a number of posters across the political spectrum, whose sole point of being part of NSC is to spout off about politics and nothing else.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Echoing a few comments here, please keep it separate. In my opinion, several other threads should be moved from the main board as they are political threads pertaining to the coronavirus.

Would you ever consider having a politics sub-section? That would clean up the board no end. There seem to be a number of posters across the political spectrum, whose sole point of being part of NSC is to spout off about politics and nothing else.

All of this. :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

I'd echo this. A separate space where the political animals can run free.

At the risk of appearing unduly wistful and nostalgic, NSC's got a lot more angry and polarised in the past few years.

There's plenty of reasons for this of course, but it's always been a place where we've always had far more in common as Albion fans than anything else.

It's a shame things have become as they are and, on reflection, I think both we and the board are much the poorer for it.

We all love NSC, but I'm not sure we have as much fun on here as before.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I've always been against this but recently, probably since Brexit, it's become more extreme. Evidenced by Bozza's instructions not to derail non political threads.

Maybe once it's time to retire the covid forum just change it to the political forum.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not all the time there are some still some Covid-fanatics doing the rounds. Let the hype die down a bit first.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not for me - way too early. Everyone knows where to look if they want North Stand Covid - particularly with actual football chat more likely to be increasing now

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
No, stick with it as is.

You got it spot on and I don't think it's time to change yet. We are a very long way from back to normal. Plenty of people will still be struggling and anxious, even more so as restrictions are lifted, and confusion and doubt over the best way to manage risk starts to kick in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty conclusive - thanks for chipping in.

It's a good point that there has been some Covid-creep onto the main board this week too, which I shall remedy now.

For now, the Big Board will only host the following Covid discussions:

- The Coronavirus Good News thread
- Discussions relating to the impact on Albion, football and sport in general

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really don't understand how people can't just not click on non-footie threads that don't interest them - it's really not that difficult ! I manage it for American Football, Golf etc.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really don't understand how people can't just not click on non-footie threads that don't interest them - it's really not that difficult ! I manage it for American Football, Golf etc.

Here is one answer to your question.
There is a political thread with the title Shameful, it's now been moved to the Covid-19 section.
How would anyone know this was a political thread by just seeing ' Shameful ' on the Big Board menu?

I would agree with you if all thread titles were obvious.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm pleased to see that at present 85 % say "No" to moving it.

Strikes me that already a few people think we are almost back to normal. We're not.

I note that it is now estimated that only 7% of the population have had the virus so far. That is 1 in 14.

There is as yet no vaccine.

There is as yet no cure.

Very little has changed......apart from Boris Johnson and Cummings new slogan "Stay Alert". Not much is it ?

A thumbs up for the first and significant part of your post.:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here