Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clocks going backwards this weekend..

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm on nights tomorrow. We'll get paid the extra hour, and they don't expect us to make it up when the reverse happens in spring.

I'm on a 12 hour A&E shift tomorrow night, which then becomes 13 hours, throw in the usual 30 minute / 1 hour over run and I'll be looking at a 14 hour plus shift. We get paid for our overruns but not the extra hour. Just to compound it it's an early kick off Sunday so I'll have about 3 hours sleep. I might have to turn to beer on Sunday to get me through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How would early leavers cope if the clocks went back at KO time? :cool:

The opportunity for pure chaos for a TV game.

All the players and officials are ready to start, but TV still showing adverts and the TV guy on the halfway line hasn't given the ok to start the game. The clock ticks over for the published start time, so the clocks get put back an hour, all the players and officials go off to restart in an hours time.

More importantly how would Southern Rail cope with this time change

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The opportunity for pure chaos for a TV game.

All the players and officials are ready to start, but TV still showing adverts and the TV guy on the halfway line hasn't given the ok to start the game. The clock ticks over for the published start time, so the clocks get put back an hour, all the players and officials go off to restart in an hours time.

More importantly how would Southern Rail cope with this time change

You've really thought about that chap :bowdown:
Southern rail are up there with PaLLLLLLLLLLLLace, both entrants to clown college.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clocks going backwards this weekend.

Yay!! My favourite weekend of the year!

I bet you're looking forward to when Brexit happens and the clocks go back decades.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm on a 12 hour A&E shift tomorrow night, which then becomes 13 hours, throw in the usual 30 minute / 1 hour over run and I'll be looking at a 14 hour plus shift. We get paid for our overruns but not the extra hour. Just to compound it it's an early kick off Sunday so I'll have about 3 hours sleep. I might have to turn to beer on Sunday to get me through it.

I would've been working Saturday night, but I'm on holiday.
I'm a paid a shift allowance and a London waiting allowance, that covers the instances like the clocks going back and forth.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Yeah, I felt the same when they moved kick off!

I'm looking about two & a half hours sleep as I've booked the Seagulls Travel coach owing to the utter cluster**** that is Southern Rail on Sunday.

Cheers, Sky :rolleyes:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whoopee,an extra hour in bed.Oh,wait,I get that every day now I'm retired.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I asked my brother, who works at LHR for BA the same question at the Everton game and he said they dont get paid for the extra hour or lose pay for when they go forward, apparently it is just accepted that they do it and its swings and roundabout.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So kick off is 12.30 tomorrow then .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So kick off is 12.30 tomorrow then .
[emoji38]ol:

Are you trying to reduce the Amex ale queues ?

1:30 GMT, which is 2:30 British Summer Time.

All it means is 10 am in the pub for pre match beer and bacon sandwiches is a little easier :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here