Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Clinton Morrison is ruining my life

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I love the sport coverage on 5Live when I'm in pottering in the kitchen, driving the car or out for a dog walk or run.

...apart from when Clinton Morrison is the pundit for a commentary game.

He uses "at this precise moment" and "to be fair" all the bloody time. In fact it may even be more frequent than that. And since I first noticed this, I can't un-hear it. Every. Bloody. Time.

Anyone else had their life ruined by Clinton Morrison?

Lol…was listening in the car on my journey to Storrington…preferring r5 commentary over talksport…..but CM was just ruining it…says something then rows back quite frequently….basically talking far too much

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are we sure this non-love for our Clinton isn’t a bit down to his choice of former clubs, well one of them in particular? You’ll be saying that Simon Jordan is obnoxious next!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Silent-emoticon-1.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are we sure this non-love for our Clinton isn’t a bit down to his choice of former clubs, well one of them in particular? You’ll be saying that Simon Jordan is obnoxious next!!

That bishop of Croydon. What a muppet! ???

clark.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don’t mind Clinton Morrison too much as I find his genuine enthusiasm infectious.

However, it does grate when he insists on referring to “games of football” or football matches” all the time - as if some form of clarification regarding which sport he’s referring to is required.

“He can’t afford to lose too many more games of football.”

Or

“At the end of the day, Chappers, it’s about winning football matches.”

Grrrrrr…..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don’t mind Clinton Morrison too much as I find his genuine enthusiasm infectious.

However, it does grate when he insists on referring to “games of football” or football matches” all the time - as if some form of clarification regarding which sport he’s referring to is required.

“He can’t afford to lose too many more games of football.”

Or

“At the end of the day, Chappers, it’s about winning football matches.”

Grrrrrr…..

I didn't mind Clinton Morrison either primarily because, as you say, he is positive and cheery.

But then the penny dropped on those two dreaded phrases and it's now pretty much all I hear when he speaks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve warmed to him of late

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Viv Richards would always drive me mad with his cricket commentary about " this individual here"

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

I enjoy listening to Simon Jordan. His views are sometimes a bit controversial, but quite entertaining never the less.
Yes, it doesn't bother me that he was once chairman of a club a few mile up the road of the A23

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
5 live has really gone down hill in the last few years now that they're trying to tick boxes. They've lost some really good commentators across a few sports.

I don't mind CM, I think he's got better. Carney is terrible, luckily Sky televise WSL and she features regularly on Sky, so she has been on R5 less (every cloud). McNamara isn't great. Ian Dennis, John Murray and ABB are very good commentators. Disappointed they lost Mike Costello and such a shame that Mike Ingham retired a few years ago now, he was excellent.

I hated Chris Sutton when they started to give him air time about 5 or 6 years ago, but he's grown on me. Turning into a really good broadcaster. Enjoyed his 606 with ABB, but for some reason they thought it'd be better with Savage. Can't stand this thng they're trying to do with the R1 DJ Nick Bright. He's terrible. Prepping us for Mark Chapman's departure. If he replaces him then I'll be turning it off

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I didn't mind Clinton Morrison either primarily because, as you say, he is positive and cheery.

But then the penny dropped on those two dreaded phrases and it's now pretty much all I hear when he speaks.

It's the same for me but my dreaded phrase is "he's done ever so well Jeff/commentator. He offers very little but there's worse than him.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Which part of Baltimore is Clinton from, or is his accent more West Coast Compton? I can never decipher. I think he’s ok though, even if he did play for you know, them. Think Simon Jordan speaks a lot of sense too. Not always. But again, for a former…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
5 live has really gone down hill in the last few years now that they're trying to tick boxes. They've lost some really good commentators across a few sports.

I don't mind CM, I think he's got better. Carney is terrible, luckily Sky televise WSL and she features regularly on Sky, so she has been on R5 less (every cloud). McNamara isn't great. Ian Dennis, John Murray and ABB are very good commentators. Disappointed they lost Mike Costello and such a shame that Mike Ingham retired a few years ago now, he was excellent.

I hated Chris Sutton when they started to give him air time about 5 or 6 years ago, but he's grown on me. Turning into a really good broadcaster. Enjoyed his 606 with ABB, but for some reason they thought it'd be better with Savage. Can't stand this thng they're trying to do with the R1 DJ Nick Bright. He's terrible. Prepping us for Mark Chapman's departure. If he replaces him then I'll be turning it off

A very odd post. You decry the state of radio commentary and punditry, then largely praise the individuals concerned. Have you tried wobbling your head a bit? ??? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
When I rule the world, I would have a MASSIVE clear out of all ex pro's stealing a living and inflating my Sky / BT Sport bill. From Lineker, Shearer, Wright and all the other matey bubbles that used to play the game. Get some decent analysts and journalists in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here