Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cliff Richard: cock end or respectable religious bloke

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think anyone who has had / still got a career like Cliff has done, has to be respected, if you like or dislike his music is another thing, but clearly many people do, his live concerts sell out as quick as Take That's do!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He had an affair with the wife of one of the Shadows. I think it was Tony Meehan's. Tony then left the Shadows with Jet Harris to form a duo 'group'.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I like Cliff! How much of the absolute wank in the charts nowadays will still be recognisable in 50 years time?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's not for me but I have no great feelings about the man one way or the other. He's a churchy. So what? He's middle of the road. Again, meh.

I think the gaggle of middle aged women choosing to sing along with him at a rain soaked Wimbledon were always far more embarrassing. I cringe just thinking about that whole scene.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I find it difficult to understand hatred of him, he's not my cup-of-tea but he seems like a happy, cheerful good bloke without too much ego.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He has proved over the years to be a good pop singer or he wouldnt have had a hit in every decade since the 50s, not sure that he will have one between 2010 and 2020 but due respect to him. Religion is a personal thing if he is that way inclined who are we to criticise him. There are many people not in the spotlight who are just as religous as he is.

In every decade from the 1950's to the 1990's he had at least one official No.1 single. Missed out in the 2000's, shame.

Calling Cliff Richard a closet homo is a bit like calling Albion a closet homo's club...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only one more annoying cock end in pop than Cliff (and yes I was made to sit through Donny Osmand today at panto in Hastings who probably wasn't helped by material) and that's Robbie Williams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here