Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clearly People Hate The NHS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just wonder if there are a significant minority who are thinking 'better to get it now, while there's still an ICU bed for me if needed, than be safe and still get it in 10 weeks when they're all taken' and are therefore deliberately putting themselves in harms way.

I just wonder if there is a significant minority who would rather put themselves in harms way than do anything Boris told them to do, a la the Radio Solent tweet, earlier.
(In the interests of political balance - it's a number I would expect to be higher if it were Jeremy doing the telling)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I just wonder if there is a significant minority who would rather put themselves in harms way than do anything Boris told them to do, a la the Radio Solent tweet, earlier.
(In the interests of political balance - it's a number I would expect to be higher if it were Jeremy doing the telling)

I suspect that it may be a bit of both.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Emergency texts are now being sent out but we actually trialled this seven years ago but never put it into practice. If it had been, the government could have bypassed the operators and sent messages directly to phone users, as has happened in countries such as South Korea and the Netherlands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52017451

I got one this morning...

D0FEFAE1-49BA-4407-B211-0B6F0D77867C.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't want to calm down.

So fed up with all these obtuse or stupid idiots!

"Can I just clarify something?" NO YOU CAN'T! STAY INDOORS!

"I've got another theory..." NOBODY CARES. YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT. YOU HAVE AN ARMCHAIR OPINION. STAY INDOORS!

The chickens are coming home to roost in the Neo-liberal, narcissistic, it's all about me, society.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=world+of+data+film&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

You probably do need to calm down. There's not much you can do sitting at a keyboard getting more and more frustrated with the idiots that think they can go about their daily business. The Police will need to start fining people before they start to get the message.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The media really don't help though.

This sort of headline is just a load of nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52022417

Yes some people need clarity I'm sure, but 99% of us understand what was said and that is stay at home. Not difficult is it, so why is the BBC making out it is? Just gives support to these idiots.

No, it’s the ambiguous messages, lack of financial support available for the self-employed and dodgy firms claiming to be ‘key industries’ that is still causing issues.

The only people I know who have left their house are self-employed tradesmen who have not been given a clear message (nor financial support to allow them to stop working), and those who have an inconsiderate boss who is telling them to come into work under the false pretence of being a key worker.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just got to let it go now and let the police do their job.
Guy at the park today, lounging in the ground with his laptop right by the entrance. You could t avoid him so I asked him why he had chosen to plot up there? He did move but come on man! Think a bit.

But it’s up to the police now, can’t get stressed otherwise you’ll make yourself ill.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm very mindful of the "Please Be Kind" sticky at the top of the Big Board however I firmly believe that people who can't give a good reason to be outside at the moment should get a bullet between the eyes and then chucked on a funeral pyre. A friend suggested that was a bit harsh so maybe crucifixion for a first offence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm very mindful of the "Please Be Kind" sticky at the top of the Big Board however I firmly believe that people who can't give a good reason to be outside at the moment should get a bullet between the eyes and then chucked on a funeral pyre. A friend suggested that was a bit harsh so maybe crucifixion for a first offence.

The part of the coast I am on saw empty beaches except for a distant dog walker. On this level, there’s no harm in going out .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You probably do need to calm down. There's not much you can do sitting at a keyboard getting more and more frustrated with the idiots that think they can go about their daily business. The Police will need to start fining people before they start to get the message.

Or let the army shoot them.

You're right. I do need to calm down.

But I'm not ready to yet.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The part of the coast I am on saw empty beaches except for a distant dog walker. On this level, there’s no harm in going out .

They're following the advice though, the people having barbecues, not so much. On to the pyre they go.

D

Deleted member 22389

We decided to get some fresh air and get some milk for my mum. I'm glad to say that people in Peacehaven are getting the message. Only a few people walking around. Never seen the place so quiet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
They're following the advice though, the people having barbecues, not so much. On to the pyre they go.

The 20+ people who held the BBQ in Birmingham today (which was broken up by the Police) I must admit has left me totally gobsmacked.

People are still emailing TV programmes asking the most stupid questions, like can I still go and get my hair done?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Maybe people aren't used to having so many of their freedoms and liberties so suddenly restricted, for an indeterminate length of time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When you have to tell people to be kind, what chance you got when a crises happens?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The very simple way to stop the BBC running a headline like this is give clear information....other nations have managed it.

Not in Europe, it seems. Thousands of fines been handed out across France, Spain, Italy etc. France just yesterday had to close markets as, over 1 week into lockdown, people were still ignoring rules and crowding into them.

It seems that wherever you are, in Western countries where people aren't scared shitless of the government at least, there is a similar small % of idiots across all ages who will simply not listen. Infuriating, but it's not surprising, society's always been this way. I really don't think the lockdown rules implemented are all that hard to adhere to (other than some confusion around work, but that doesn't seem to be the main issue in terms of people ignoring advice)

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
When you have to tell people to be kind, what chance you got when a crises happens?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The vast majority of experiences interacting with others I have on a day to day basis (obviously not so much at the moment!) are positive. There has and always will be a small % who aren't kind, who are ignorant, but most people are kind and caring.

Stop making out like we as a society are barbaric and without hope ffs. For every negative story in the press around this crisis, there will be tens, hundreds of positives. The news don't report them though, of course.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The Police will need to start fining people before they start to get the message.

Fukk all that red tape. They should tear gas and baton charge the kunnts treating supermarkets like tube stations in rush hour. Obviously advising NHS workers to stand back first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here