Clayton Ince

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
What happened to Ruel Fox, Crodo?

Did he not want the gig after all?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would prefer that we went after an old experienced ex Premier keeper like Jimmy Walker at Spurs to take us into the Championship. There must be a number who are at present No 3 ata Prem Club who would rather be playing regularly. If they are no 3 the wages may not be too much of an obstacle

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What happened to Ruel Fox, Crodo?

Did he not want the gig after all?

He was interviewed, perhaps Gus interviewed better than him or as a former international and EPL legend perhaps he thought he could do better than us.

:nono:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I would prefer that we went after an old experienced ex Premier keeper like Jimmy Walker at Spurs to take us into the Championship.

Another former Walsall keeper who has played a blinder against us in the past. I remember 1-0 defeat at the Bescott when we had most of the possession, loads of chances and Walker was just unbeatable. Talking to Saddlers fans afterwards they couldn't believe that they had won the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another former Walsall keeper who has played a blinder against us in the past. I remember 1-0 defeat at the Bescott when we had most of the possession, loads of chances and Walker was just unbeatable. Talking to Saddlers fans afterwards they couldn't believe that they had won the game.

You are correct for what he lacked in inches he made up for with ability.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ince is a clown. One good but flukey game at Withdean does not make him a quality keeper. Might as well keep Kuipers if we're looking at Ince.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I think Zamora hit the crossbar twice in that game. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the mighty Dave Beasant playing for little old us.

I've seen Walker quite a few times for Walsall and against Brighton - he definitely would have been a Premiership keeper if he had been a bit taller.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'd rather we went for Owain Fon Williams at Stockport.

I fear you've missed the point. Fon Williams is NOT black, and is NOT flair. He's white, and consistent. I've thought him one of the best keepers at this level for the last few years, and capable of playing higher. He should be a realistic target, but I think Gus has other aces up his sleeve. If I had to choose a keeper to replace Michel, it would be Fon Williams.

Ince would be classic though, for purely fanatical purposes. But he's no Michel.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
He's old and was on big money. Probably unwilling to take a pay cut.

Brazilian to add to the Flairtastic squad. I'd imagine he would come, he used to live on a friends sofa in White City (Shepherds Bush) for gods sake. Was really rated & one of the main contributors to Brizzle Shitty having a great run.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
One of the suggested signings on the Albion Moan In on Sunday was Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince and the more I think about it the more I think he would be perfect for us.

Vast experience, great command of area, awesome shot stopper, flair, full international, relatively low wages.

He ticks all of the boxes and he's out of contract in the Summer, he's an absolute legend in Walsall and could be the ideal start to the spine of a promotion winning side.

The Clayton for Albion campaign starts here!

:yahoo:

But the problem is, he's shit....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If we get Dickov, why not Wanchope? Maybe Eyal Berkovic? They're about the same age?!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If we get Dickov, why not Wanchope? Maybe Eyal Berkovic? They're about the same age?!

Dickov is still performing well at this level, maybe he couldn't play 46 games but he would be a good squad member and would bulk up the striking department somewhat.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
But the problem is, he's shit....

How is he shit??

An experienced international goalkeeper, Walsalls POTY last season (where they finished above us) and in the PFA Team of the Year the season before.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Strange. I'm always confident when Big Brez comes for it. He does sometimes flap but he ALWAYS [ignoring the one mistake] manages to get the ball away from danger.

I haven't seen enough of Ince but in the matches I have seen him, he isn't as commanding as Brez.

Agree!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know nothing on this rumour although I can tell you of something I have heard from more than one source, I have not posted on here as i seem to be getting a bit of an unfair reputation for making things up.

Gus is looking at a summer swoop for Paul Dickov, currently on loan at Leeds, available on a free and able to add some strength to our weak looking strike department.

Turned us down for the managers job at Oldham. Another target Gus has missed out on.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here