Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clayton Ince

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of the suggested signings on the Albion Moan In on Sunday was Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince and the more I think about it the more I think he would be perfect for us.

Vast experience, great command of area, awesome shot stopper, flair, full international, relatively low wages.

He ticks all of the boxes and he's out of contract in the Summer, he's an absolute legend in Walsall and could be the ideal start to the spine of a promotion winning side.

Clayton-Ince-2008_1547639.jpg

:bowdown:

The Clayton for Albion campaign starts here!

:yahoo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think we need to be looking at someone younger TBH.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we need to be looking at someone younger TBH.

Keepers peak in the latter years, Ince has got at least another two years at this level in him. The only reason he's not getting in Walsalls side is they are assessing other options for next season as they are resigned to the fact they're losing him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Keepers peak in the latter years, Ince has got at least another two years at this level in him. The only reason he's not getting in Walsalls side is they are assessing other options for next season as they are resigned to the fact they're losing him.

BREZOVAN IS better. :wrong:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I tend to disagree with that, how many times does Brezzy come for the ball and miss it? When Clayton comes, Clayton gets*!

*Cue youtube link posted featuring Clayton Ince's biggest howlers!

One time in about 15 games Brezovan hasn't got the ball when he's come to collect. from what I've seen of Ince he isn't as good as Brezovan.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I remember the day when he was a one man WALL. Picture the scene: A sunny day at Withdean, Walsall down to nine men.
The ball comes out wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to

Ince could be the saviour that starts our push for the Championship from not inside the relegation zone.

Sign him GUS

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
One time in about 15 games Brezovan hasn't got the ball when he's come to collect. from what I've seen of Ince he isn't as good as Brezovan.

Fair comment, however personally im never that confident in Brezovan when he comes, he was caught flagging at least twice at southend, Ince very rarely doesnt get.

Brevozan is a very good goalkeeper and to have both of them on board would be very good news for next season

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fair comment, however personally im never that confident in Brezovan when he comes, he was caught flagging at least twice at southend, Ince very rarely doesnt get.

Brevozan is a very good goalkeeper and to have both of them on board would be very good news for next season
Strange. I'm always confident when Big Brez comes for it. He does sometimes flap but he ALWAYS [ignoring the one mistake] manages to get the ball away from danger.

I haven't seen enough of Ince but in the matches I have seen him, he isn't as commanding as Brez.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Strange. I'm always confident when Big Brez comes for it. He does sometimes flap but he ALWAYS [ignoring the one mistake] manages to get the ball away from danger.

I haven't seen enough of Ince but in the matches I have seen him, he isn't as commanding as Brez.

Ince was Walsall POTY last season and was int he PFA team of the year the season before that. This is good enough for me, plus what I've seen of him he's always been a good shot stopper and has an excellent command of his area, which in my opinion is a vastly underrated attribute for any good keeper.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I remember the day when he was a one man WALL. Picture the scene: A sunny day at Withdean, Walsall down to nine men.
The ball comes out wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to Matt Richards (now of Walsall) he crosses the ball, Ince is there to catch or punch out. Ince releases the ball it gets headed wide to

Ince could be the saviour that starts our push for the Championship from not inside the relegation zone.

Sign him GUS

Remember that day so well. The man was inspirational that day, we must have put 40+ crosses into the box and not one was missed, and each was followed by a different form of roly poly. Even down to 9 men, and it being one of the single handedly most frustrating days of my life, i still managed to laugh.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I've seen him twice and both times he has kept a clean sheet under a load of pressure. His clean last season was bloody impressive. :clap2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Always thought he is a great keeper, would love to see him at the albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here