This was a classic kit

09002.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
How is the ankle DTG?

still bloody sore mate. off to austria on a walking holiday tomorrow....deep joy:( :( :( :(

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
eastlondonseagull said:
Albion's Inter Milan away kit for me.

That was a class kit. Shame it didn't get used much, not the greatest idea having blue stripes home and away.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Classic kits are generally all about evoking memories. Often the "best" days, years, teams, games etc will be when you were around 10 years old and first getting into the game.

That's certainly the case for me, and I would vote for the shinny Forest kit circa 1980, or the Liverpool kit with the white v-neck collar of 1977-80.

Classic kits from the days I first fell in love with the game.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
The 1984(ish) shirt, with the three stripes across the shoulders. Think it's shrunk as it now fits my three year old, whereas I wore it when I was 9.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Sandtex (Great Escape) shirt is probably my favourite Albion shirt, though I agree that the Bukta one from the 70's should be considered a classic, might be a good idea to do a modern version of that one for our next kit.

Other than the Albion strip I like Vasco de Gama from Brazil, it is black with a white diagonal stripe across the chest and a red maltese cross, looks the business. Agree with the comment above about the Argentina strip, always thought that the pale blue and white looked brilliant, though I haven't bought the current "imitation" home strip yet. Another strip I used to like was Mechelen in Belgium, though I think they may have ceased to exist, this was a bizarre red and yellow stripey combo with either black or white shorts.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Has nobody else thought that CP home kit looks like Thunder Birds.
Agree late 70's Albion, class kit.
Peru,Boca J,Athletic Bilbao.
Bilbao have never changed home kit in over 100 years.
QPR home great kit.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I like the current Spurs kit. It's plain, it's simple and it looks good worn casually with jeans.

Our kits look nice, but a lot of them have been this glossy shiny stuff that can be embarassing to wear anywhere other than a football match.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree with you there Perth, I was going to suggest that we could do a modern version of the Bukta 70's kit in the same style as the Spurs kit, only problem is that is is totally unflattering to someone with a more generous figure, the sight of a stripey michelin man isn't an attractive prospect...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here