Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, May & Hammond - Grand Tour

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You're right this is not just about the UK market, Top Gear is a global franchise and Amazon will be keen to cash in on Clarkson. May & Hammonds popularity which was built on the Top gear brand and saw them as effectively being Top Gear - when you think about Top Gear now most people will still connect it to those 3. It was an obvious marketing strategy to take the show around the world and film it in different locations to a local audience to help build and cement the new show to a global audience. I suspect it will garner big viewing figures from Prime subscribers. I'm no mad Top Gear fanboy I'm just interested to see how they will do on this new show and format.
Shame Amazon don't offer Instant Video in many countries then.

http://exstreamist.com/which-countries-is-amazon-instant-video-available-in/

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
May I suggest to those that do not like the program, and have no intention watching it, that they excercise the same choice here by NOT JOINING IN THIS THREAD, and spouting their bile.

In return I promise not to make comments about things and programs they like.

Deal ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For the comments about viewers that model has already changed. It a mechanism to sign up to Prime. When it's finished it's run I expect Amazon to sell it to a number of other broadcasters.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Shame Amazon don't offer Instant Video in many countries then.

http://exstreamist.com/which-countries-is-amazon-instant-video-available-in/

Amazon are using The Grand Tour amongst some other titles as a vehicle to expand their streaming service to over 200 countries, its part of a longer term strategy. Australia has already launched and isn't on that list and once available the series will be available to catch up and watch whenever you like. Its not all about who can watch it right now, the show will be available 24/7 as the other countries come online. Kind of kills your argument really.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Sorry for the mind numbing stupidity of this question. Does that mean this current run on Amazon is 12 weeks of episodes?

I read somewhere that there will be three series of twelve episodes each. So yes, twelve weeks of episodes. You don't need to sign up for prime if you have access to kodi or showbox.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
May I suggest to those that do not like the program, and have no intention watching it, that they excercise the same choice here by NOT JOINING IN THIS THREAD, and spouting their bile.

In return I promise not to make comments about things and programs they like.

Deal ?

If only that were true on the Brexit thread :)

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Never understood the Vitriol towards top gear. I'm not sure if people think it's trendy to speak out against it and want to be part of the in crowd.
I find shows like talent shows/reality shows(and Jeremy Kyle) etc etc to be torture. But I wouldn't go out of my way to criticise them, I just don't watch them :shrug:

I find top gear(the grand tour) funny and entertaining, but it's not for everyone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprised 5Live let Hammond on the other day to puff this. After all the acrimony I wouldn't blame the BBC for not allowing any one of them back on terrestrial. No skin off my nose, never watched before and won't now either.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Surprised 5Live let Hammond on the other day to puff this. After all the acrimony I wouldn't blame the BBC for not allowing any one of them back on terrestrial. No skin off my nose, never watched before and won't now either.

Interesting that the BBC have given The Grand Tour so much publicity. Ok it's understandable that Clarkson hasn't featured too much.

Are the BBC entitled to revenues from the back catalogue of Top Gear?

They certainly won't be shifting anywhere near as many DVDs of the Chris Evans version....and have Matt Le Blanc's fees to find :laugh:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hammond and May were on the 1 show thursday night.The presenters didn't really enjoy it.
Think the first show was a bit forced,but will keep watching GT to see if they blow up the BFOT at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here