Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, May & Hammond - Grand Tour

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's 8 years since the last post. I'm not sure anyone cares.
Oof!

There have been separate threads in between, such as...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just watched the last one.

All the stuff we've come to expect: heavily-scripted, ridiculous moments and just so beautifully shot.

Will they go on to do anything else together? Is this really it?
I think they've said they won't, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a Grand Reunion Tour down the line.

They've all sort of gone in their different directions now. Plus, let's face it, they don't need to financially - it would just be about the ego!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There have been separate threads in between, such as...

Don't start dropping facts to interrupt my grandstanding

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I enjoyed it - slaughtering a Beetle was very much required. The photography is stunning and the drive was excellent, but they have chosen the right time to end it. It has run its course and they've all outgrown it. Lovely ending though, very special.

They have confirmed the Grand Tour will go on, with new presenters. I would guess Mike from Drive Tribe and Izzy Hammond will be two and if I had to throw in a third, possibly The Ben Collins. He is big on YouTube now but Amazon cash wouldn't go amiss.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched the last one.

All the stuff we've come to expect: heavily-scripted, ridiculous moments and just so beautifully shot.

Will they go on to do anything else together? Is this really it?
This is really it. There was a big interview with all 3 of them in the Sunday Times magazine the other week, mainly headed by Clarkson, and he was pretty clear that they wouldn't be producing shows together any more. Clarkson is tied up with his farm now, and (hopefully) will be churning out a few more series of that, which I've really enjoyed.

What they did together has pretty much run its course now, its the right time to end. I'm looking forward to watching the final Grand Tour this weekend. Yes its contrived, yes its silly. But its always beautifully shot, the production is always top notch, and I am an absolute sucker for travel shows that show the world. It was prime Sunday night viewing for many years of my life, and I will miss it, but yeah. Time to call time on it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thoroughly enjoyed this trio’s ventures over the years, the last GT was just as I’d wanted it to be, silly, funny and stunning to watch. I hope they cleared up the debris from the beetle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here