Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claridge wearing the 25 shirt....

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Easy 10 said:
Havn't Argentina retired the number 10 from their national shirts, in honour of their lying, cheating, fat, cocaine-snorting, steroid-taking, wife-beating, reporter-shooting greaseball of an ex player ?

yeah that will be that player that was one of the greatest players ever to grace a football field....:bowdown:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
D'Angelo Saxon said:
They tried, but FIFA told them to stop being twats and get on with it.

good call . . ..maybe the FA should take a leaf out of that book

Numbers arent really important these days, all the players have names on their shirts anyway, its only for identification purposes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jmc said:
yeah that will be that player that was one of the greatest players ever to grace a football field....:bowdown:
Can't argue with that. But then you can't argue with the other stuff either.

Every time I saw him walking towards a ref with his hands clasped together in that pathetic "mama mia !" praying gesture, I just wanted to punch him in the FACE.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Giving Claridge the No.25 worked a treat on Sat.

Saturday could so easily have been a different story. Bobby could have been on from the start and running rings round us with his knowledge of our defensive frailities. Meanwhile we're sitting there too shy to give anyone else his shirt number - as if we've never moved on.

Giving Claridge the No.25 was a message to the fans and players of both sides - ie "Bobby Who?".

Also, if we do try and get him back it never does to look too NEEDY - as if we're keeping his shirt number warm for him.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lush said:

Saturday could so easily have been a different story. Bobby could have been on from the start and running rings round us with his knowledge of our defensive frailities. Meanwhile we're sitting there too shy to give anyone else his shirt number - as if we've never moved on.

Giving Claridge the No.25 was a message to the fans and players of both sides - ie "Bobby Who?".

Also, if we do try and get him back it never does to look too NEEDY - as if we're keeping his shirt number warm for him.

personally I'd like to see his shirt kept in the airing cupboard for just that purpose.

;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
ITS A :censored: NUMBER you CLOWNS!

If BZ had died playing for the Albion then fair enough retire the number or if he played 10 years and scored 25+ each season, but he did'nt.....so THERE!

:clap:
Spot on Crabtree.

Some people are in danger of getting a little over-sentimental about a frigging number here, no matter how great a player he was.

I enjoyed the irony tho..............

We haven't played a 25 shirt since Zamora left. The first time we bring it back, its against him, on his home ground and filled by a 38 year old!!!!!!!!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I think it was a terriffic move to psyche up the team and point out that we have finally got over him.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
We've got a new number 25
And his name is Steve Claridge

sung to we've got the whole world in our hands by myself and Chez on Saturday. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't even like the players keeping their numbers from one season to the next because of this.

Bobby should have been our number 9 in his first full season, and then this wouldn't be an issue.

As has been said many times, it's only a number. I prefer to remember the names.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lush said:

EXACTLY What Lush said:clap: :clap:

It's a number, he's an ex-player who wore that number. We've moved on-he's stuck in a rut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here