Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clare Balding invented the 'mobot'

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm not sure how to say this so here goes......

I thought Clare Balding was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole Olympics. By far the best BBC presenter. I never had a lot of time for her before but she has gone up massively in my estimation.

There I said it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Aside from what she likes to do behind closed doors she has been alright yeah :D

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I thought Clare Balding was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole Olympics. By far the best BBC presenter. I never had a lot of time for her before but she has gone up massively in my estimation.

There I said it.

Totally agree.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The term 'genius' is over used in modern society to such an extent that it is almost extraneous. But in the traditional usage of the word, Clare Balding is a true genius for creating the Mobot! For such a professional and committed TV presenter and equine enthusiast, what a surprise she usurped her whole career with this invention! Bravo Clare and three cheers for you! Hip hip......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would be interesting to do a search and see how many have slagged her off on here in the past, purely on her looks and sexual preferences.

It will probably be a similar number that said the Olympics was a waste of money and would be rubbish, in fact its will probably be the same posters in a lot of cases

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be interesting to do a search and see how many have slagged her off on here in the past, purely on her looks and sexual preferences.

You don't even have to look beyond this thread to find a poster pathetic enough to give a toss about who she chooses to be with in life.

Best presenter by a mile, put the likes of Lineker to shame. Happily I believe she's also got a contract with Channel 4 for the Paralympics- that's proved to be a fantastic pre-Olympic decision by her.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

There I said it.
Agree

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Saw the show on tv a couple of months back. Everyone had a go at what he could do, and James chose Clares. Been looking out for it ever since and now it has arrived :clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll be big enough to admit I haven't been her biggest fan in the past, though that was more to do with me pigeon-holing her as a posh horsey bird wrongly 'cast' in general sport whose gushy voice and delivery grates with me (still does up to a point, but that's personal taste).

However she has been unquestionably been very good in these Olympics, really well researched (puts the likes of Shearer to shame on his mega money) and error-free. She must have moved up the order at the BBC.

If I was being ultra-picky I thought the coverage of Daley's final was a bit OTT, especially since he went in to the final dive in front, and a bronze was hailed by Claire as 'just brilliant, the ultimate' (no need to explain why that was the wrong thing to say). But overall she's been great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here