Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claim to fame!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I tuned the au pairs guitars at a gig in Brighton polly around 1983. I did it badly

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I appeared on Rainbow when i was a little kiddie, though sadly i didn't get to meet Zippy, bungle and george

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My brother (Burrish Gull) "starred" as a boy scout in a Valerie Singleton Blue Peter Special Assignment.

I've had my name scroll up the credits of a channel four sports programme which no-one watched.

I made a very short video on tampons which was shown very late night on Channel Four for a very short time.

Apart from that I don't get mobbed in Sainsburys.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
A friend of mine at school was on Crackerjack doing 'Take A Letter' with Glenn Hoddle. Stu Francis started the programme by sliding in on a death slide form the upper circle. Whilst they were waiting to start filming, I went up and asked him for his autograph and he just said 'Piss Off kid'. What a bastard.

I was on Bits and Pieces on the Radio One Roadshow at Eastbourne with Mark Goodier and The Man Ezeke. Got 10 out of 10.
It was the coldest, wettest day on record in this country in August, and I got thoroughly soaked and freezing cold.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was on BBC south today in 2000. I was interviewed in the Brighton shop and asked about the stadium

I said "Many clubs find it easy to get a stadium, for Brighton it seems to be a problem"

The problem was that I had sneaked out of work early and when I was interviewed there was a clock in the background showing 15.45. People saw it from the office I was working at. The only time I sneak out of work early and I appear on TV!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was on TOTP once.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was interviewed on Province5 News years ago, about the then Esat Young Scientist Competition.

-nobody- on here would have seen it. Nobody at all really sees Province5, its carried to a whopping 2,500 houses by cable (not including mine, I didn't even see it outside of their VT suite). I'm not even sure it still exists. Their 'production' companies website is offline, and I know their other two channels (LINK in dublin and CTV in waterford) closed down years ago.

My views on young people voting were used on a 2FM news this year, however, meaning I was on the radio every 30 minutes for a full day :cool:

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Just prior to getting into the Hereford game I was asked by a Meridian crew my prediction.

I screamed; "2 nil to the Albion..." Maradona stylee right into the camera.

I never saw the coverage but a few guys at work asked if it was me on the news acting like a hooligan :drink: with a painted face & the stripes.

--------------

Anyone for Multi-Coloured Swap Shop?

I was on there holding up a 'Mullerys Marvels' scarf circa 1979ish. :blush: I was only 10 or summat.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
clapham_gull said:

I've had my name scroll up the credits of a channel four sports programme which no-one watched.

Snap!

I co-composed and produced the music for 2 channel four sports programmes, Challenge To Sport and Running Late. The only newspaper review of the programme Running Late said very little about the programme itself, but there were two or three paragraphs on how bad the theme tune was. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here