Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The same here, brilliant R2 commentary.

Then once old enough, watching highlights of European ties on Sportsnight or the ITV European nights equivalent with commentary by Gerald Sinstadt.

It seemed special - away trips to Dynamo Dresden, Feyenoord, Dinamo Tbilisi.

My strongest memory was the Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup third round matches in 1979. Four replays- five matches over 16 days.

I used to be in bed by 9 so it was under the covers as the parents came up early. It felt like the commentators were there just for me.

https://queensparkchronicles.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/a-win-on-the-wireless/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My strongest memory was the Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup third round matches in 1979. Four replays- five matches over 16 days.

I used to be in bed by 9 so it was under the covers as the parents came up early. It felt like the commentators were there just for me.

https://queensparkchronicles.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/a-win-on-the-wireless/

My earliest memory of listening to R2 football was that 1973 Wembley Jan Tomaszewski game, I was in my primary school years and …… gutted at the result.

The most memorable, Liverpool at Molyneux May 76 to win the title on a midweek night under lights, 40,000 away fans on the South Bank. Even Wolves fans talk about that evening. QPR (Bowles, Francis) were top and had finished their 42 games.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
West Ham 0-1 down to Frankfurt in first 50 seconds! Stadium is sounding very quiet on my stream apart from the away fans.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Clinton Morrison is horrible on 5 Live.

He says "to be fair" every sentence, it's unbearable. And once you notice it, you can't stop hearing it. He just said it three times in one sentence, to be fair.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
West Ham 0-1 down to Frankfurt in first 50 seconds! Stadium is sounding very quiet on my stream apart from the away fans.

Yeah , great isn’t it :lolol:

Commentators going on about the great atmosphere, Bollox wait until West Ham have to go to the Waldstadion…

The place will be rocking….
Best atmosphere I’ve experienced.

https://youtu.be/btGAEg55NT8

Damn, West Sham…

Frankfurt coming to London today, Proper Ultras.

https://youtu.be/taeHhqMvTFo

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Momentum is building for two-legged Champions League semi-finals to be scrapped, with leading European clubs backing a plan to play the semis and the final over a single week in one city.
The Champions League “week of football” proposal would mean the end of two-legged semi-finals, which have been part of the format since the European Cup was launched in 1955, and would mean no opportunity for part two of the thrilling 4-3 match seen between Manchester City and Real Madrid on Tuesday night.
Uefa says that no decision has been made but the European Club Association (ECA) is understood to be preparing to throw its weight behind the idea. The European Leagues organisation would also need to agree to it.

I think this is a good idea.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20220429-115415~2.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Momentum is building for two-legged Champions League semi-finals to be scrapped, with leading European clubs backing a plan to play the semis and the final over a single week in one city.
The Champions League “week of football” proposal would mean the end of two-legged semi-finals, which have been part of the format since the European Cup was launched in 1955, and would mean no opportunity for part two of the thrilling 4-3 match seen between Manchester City and Real Madrid on Tuesday night.
Uefa says that no decision has been made but the European Club Association (ECA) is understood to be preparing to throw its weight behind the idea. The European Leagues organisation would also need to agree to it.

I think this is a good idea.

I dont mind it either. I thought it worked well during Covid to not have two-legged meetings, definitely made it more tense.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Moreno has been absolutely amazing. You can see how much they missed him in the first leg.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Liverpool score. Leading 3-2 agg now

Villarreal keeper not going to be happy with that :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And another 5-2 aggregate lead now

Villarreal keeper arguably at fault for all three Liverpool goals. Two nutmegs and one head rush running 20 yards out of his area for a ball he was never going to get.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did someone spike the Real keeper’s drink at halftime? He’s been shocking this second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here