Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ckr

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Rob said:
No substitute for first team games at the level you're playing at - of which CKR has played in a total of about eight (if you add sub appearances together) and Jake in about 15. If they're not showing their stuff after 30 or so games then that's the time to start looking at what's happening.

All the reserve and youth games in the world would not prepare CKR or Jake for Gary Doherty or Joleon Lescott.

People bang on about Leons strike rate but Robinsons is about 4 in 30ish games?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Great Cornholio said:
Ludicrous - he is full of pace, tricks and finishing. How many goals did he score for the reserves and youth team? Anyone who saw him at Hastings in this seasons pre season friendly would laugh in your face. He terrorised experienced journeymen with his pace, skill and finishing.

As for not seeing what he brings to the field - how about the 3 chances he carved out in the two sub appearances on Saturday and last night? For all of Leon's endevaour, he didn't have as many chances in the whole 2 games.

His only problem is confidence at this level - he would have buried most of his chances had they been in reserve or youth games.

Reserve and youth level means nothing - doesnt get you points - and he did well at hastings? not really saying much is it?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Albion Rob said:
No substitute for first team games at the level you're playing at - of which CKR has played in a total of about eight (if you add sub appearances together) and Jake in about 15. If they're not showing their stuff after 30 or so games then that's the time to start looking at what's happening.

All the reserve and youth games in the world would not prepare CKR or Jake for Gary Doherty or Joleon Lescott.

Fair enough I can accept that,
what would your opinion be of Theo Walcott (16) at Southampton be ? he kinda backs up what I think Im saying in that if you are good enough then it doesn't really matter if you've been blooded and sometimes the naivity and rawness of a player can actually help not hinder

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Dougal said:
what would your opinion be of Theo Walcott (16) at Southampton be ? he kinda backs up what I think Im saying in that if you are good enough then it doesn't really matter if you've been blooded and sometimes the naivity and rawness of a player can actually help not hinder

Lads grow and develop at different rates - and can still be developing into their twenties. Be patient. The raw material is all there - look at CKR's physique. Also they need to mature mentally.

Albion Rob

Dougal said:

I think that's probably just down to ability and the speed at which a player develops. Sort of like why is Rooney better than James Milner. Milner can hold his own in the Premiership but he's no Rooney.

I've not seen a lot of Walcott but he sounds really special.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He wasn't at his best last night, but was still more effective than Robinson has been for most of the season. The lack of experience shows when he makes the wrong decisions, as he did when he tried to turn and ultimately cost us a goal. A more experienced player would have held it up. Him and Jake are similar in this respect - they just need time; however, as others have said, it's amazing the amount of stick Kazim-Richards gets, while people still rave about Robinson.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm starting to get the impression that fans now expect us to compete as complete equals to teams who generally have more than one player who cost more than our squad. Shows what a FANTASTIC job MM has done for us to have these expectations???

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
We've got decent young players, CKR and Robinson included, not all players fulfill their potential at 18 years old, some of them are real teases and make us wait until they're getting really old and hit 19 or 20!!! They both show great potenetial and its only a matter of time till one or both of them finds the back of the net regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here