Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR to start Friday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion's supersub Colin Kazim-Richards has been told he must be fitter to warrant a regular place.

The young striker returns to the starting line-up against Hull at Withdean on Friday following his spectacular late consolation as a substitute in last Saturday's 5-1 defeat at Reading.

Kazim-Richards' long-range strike was his fourth eyecatching goal in 12 appearances off the bench, compared to no goals in the 11 games he has started.

Manager Mark McGhee said: "It's a worry and I think he has got to get fitter. It's difficult to do that mid-season. It's going to be next year before we get him really fit, because I think he is nowhere near as fit as he should be.

"He is able to come on in concentrated periods of games and be explosive, where as I think he finds that more difficult to maintain over 90 minutes at the moment.

"He's a naturally strong lad but strength and explosive pace over five or ten yards is different to general fitness.

"Leon's (Knight) a bit the same but there's a huge psychological element as well. They have got to hurt themselves to get as fit as we want them to be. Sometimes they don't quite push it. Trolley (Mark McCammon) sets the benchmark for the other strikers. He has phenominal strength, and on Friday will be the bench on which all the substitutes will be sitting"

Kazim-Richards' majestic impact at the Madjeski Stadium has assured the 19-year-old former Bury forward a place from the first whistle against Hull.

"He'll start on Friday," McGhee confirmed. "He scored the goal, he looked dangerous and strong, so he will get his chance again."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
El Presidente said:

Trolley (Mark McCammon) sets the benchmark for the other strikers. He has phenominal strength, and on Friday will be the bench on which all the substitutes will be sitting"

:p

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Is he talking about match fitness or what?.

This lack of fitness seems to crop up a lot with our players, do we not do training during the week anymore?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
gbxleet.gif

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
Best stop or rentamob will be out for us....

Im not sure why you peddle that line, from what I can tell most people are indifferent to down right dissapointed about Jakes lack of impact, I rarely see much in the way of defence of him these days.

It was a shame he was hyped up so much really by the likes of Desert Orchid.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Albion Dan said:
Im not sure why you peddle that line

Because he likes to play the victim. It's been like that since as long as I can remember. I think it goes something like:
1. Be a miserable sod and moan about something
2. Wait for people to disagree
3. Start crying that people are out to get you just because they don't share your opinion

Not the only one by any means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here