Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR starts against Arsenal...

chez said:
Eh? Never saw a problem with his man management skills. He weeded out all the rotten eggs and got rid of them. They all had bad attitudes and didnt deserve to wear the shirt. We should all thank McGhee for getting rid of players like Knight & CKR. :bowdown:

Oh RIGHT, you really did buy those 'scapegoats with the fading rosettes' images that seemed to be proliferating in our team during MM's time.
I thank McGhee for not letting the door bang him on the arse on the way out!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
Oh RIGHT, you really did buy those 'scapegoats with the fading rosettes' images that seemed to be proliferating in our team during MM's time.
I thank McGhee for not letting the door bang him on the arse on the way out!

I saw his disinterest on the pitch most times he played, applaud that if you like, I can't. I believe that you are letting your obsessional dislike of McGhee get in the way of a reasoned view on CKR. His attitude stank on the pitch too often for me to even consider defending him.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NMH said:

A good manager might have laid his own rep on the line to protect his more talented players, but McGhee hung 'em out to dry ....and to shrink on the line until they no longer fit.

Mourinho and Ferguson are more than happy to hang their players out to dry though, and it had not stopped them winning trophies

Stam
Keane
Beckham
Van Nistelrooy
Ince
Carvalhio
Gallas etc

They all had spats with the manager and were shown the door

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
El Presidente said:
Mourinho and Ferguson are more than happy to hang their players out to dry though, and it had not stopped them winning trophies

Stam
Keane
Beckham
Van Nistelrooy
Ince
Carvalhio
Gallas etc

How the hell can you compare McGhee to Ferguson? Ferguson has an unlimited supply of money to replace them. He also mentioned at a press conference that getting rid of Stam was a mistake.

Also, they have not won the Premiership in about 4 years and their recent record in the Champions League isn't great, so maybe he shouldn't have got rid of Becks et al.

McGhee was a f***ing idiot

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
El Presidente said:

Stam
Keane
Beckham
Van Nistelrooy
Ince
Carvalhio
Gallas etc

Those managers replaced/had enough cover when got rid.

Stam - Rio
Keane - Carrick
Beckham - took a whle but Ronaldo
Van Nistelrooy - past it but still hae Rooney, Smith and Saha who can all score.
Ince - Keane, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs did ok without him didnt they?
Carvalhio - played yesterday?!?
Gallas - They played him at left back and have two England internationals a back up, I think they will cope.

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
El Presidente said:
.......who got us promoted and gave us our highest position in the league for 15 years

Sorry you're right, he was great. I really enjoyed watching Brighton playing with him in charge, he played great football, tactically he was superb, I mean who else would've played Reid as a left back?
I can't believe he got so much stick from the stands or that attendances were dropping so low.

Yep, super manager.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
n1 gull said:
Sorry you're right, he was great. I really enjoyed watching Brighton playing with him in charge, he played great football, tactically he was superb, I mean who else would've played Reid as a left back?
I can't believe he got so much stick from the stands or that attendances were dropping so low.

Yep, super manager.
Whats changed since he left? Reid moved from midfield to right back.
Still bad perfomances (ok we beat the two bottom teams) and atttendances haven't risen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With no money to buy decent players, he cut his cloth accordingly. You can't polish a turd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
n1 gull said:

Yep, super manager.

That argument is so simplistic as it doesn't even start to take in the restrictions that MM had to work with. Who should have played at RB in your opinion and did you really expect our old men and kids to set the divisions alight, even the chairman has said mid table is the best we can hope for, which is exactly what MM was achieving. DW is already being got at after two wins a draw and a defeat in the league which is a pretty impressive start under the circumstances. Which manager in his right mind would want to come to a club with no money, no ground and with so many deluded fans who think we have a right to promotion and great football. Reality check time imo.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
El Presidente said:
With no money to buy decent players, he cut his cloth accordingly.
By alienating all the good players we had? Genius!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Silent Bob said:

Did he alienate Cullip, Harding, Virgo, Currie.......or did he sell them at a profit of over £2million?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Silent Bob said:

Agreed. McGhee was always more interested in "triers" than players with flair and skill,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Zebedee said:
Agreed. McGhee was always more interested in "triers" than players with flair and skill,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So why did he sign Currie, who was of course SLAUGHTERED by the NSC experts for his first few games

n1 gull said:

Yep, super manager.
f***ing dead right, you'll be watching Brighton a long time before you see any other Albion manager match his achievements - start the clock now you sarcastic clown.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here