Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR is possibly the most exciting signing we have made in 25 years

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Zamora, Dean Saunders, Mike Small, Garry Nelson - all great strikers. He has some catching up to do to be as good as them, but he certainly has potential.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
On the Left Wing said:
I agree FH ...... though not an attacking midfielder but a forwrad lying off the target man ....which is what those at Bury said he was best at ....

That was pretty much what I was trying to say, playing in the hole.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Downloaded Penguin said:
having been fortunate to win the Coca Cola money we should've gone for a proven, experienced goalscorer first and foremost

Do you genuinely believe that the Coca Cola money would have been enough to get us a 'proven, experienced goalscorer?

I'm not sure I quite go along with OTLW's comments but he is a good player, no question. He has to show that he is willing to learn, both from Mark McGhee and the players around him.

Confidence is a key part of his development and the goal last night will have helped him no end. As a striker, he has to be unafraid to miss.

I think there's a LOT more to come from CKR

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the great thing about this now, is that in the past we've nurtured these 'ones for the future' only to have them poached by a bigger club once they start realising their potential...hopefully now the stadium issue has been sorted we can hang on to these young players and the WHOLE side can become 'one for the future'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
seagullion said:
the great thing about this now, is that in the past we've nurtured these 'ones for the future' only to have them poached by a bigger club once they start realising their potential...hopefully now the stadium issue has been sorted we can hang on to these young players and the WHOLE side can become 'one for the future'

Not a chance, we will be a selling club for years to come I fear.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Apart from Jimmy case,Michael Robinson,Stefan Iovan,Garry Nelson,Mark Farrington, Jason Peake,Richard Tiltman,Michael Mahoney Johnson and errr Bobby Zamora.

Other than that lot he probably is :jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AJ's Love Monkey said:
What about Neil Smillie?! ;)
Used to live round the corner from me in Hurstpierpoint. Played in a Cup Final for the Albion - long before you ever got there obviously. :smokin:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looking at the reply on the official web site, that Seb Carole looks a frightening signing, frightening for the opponents in the penalty area, and Chris McPhee did all the things right that he used to do wrong (used to be blunt, now looks sharp enough).

But CKR should never have shot from that distance (30 yards), but their keeper never got near it. Never got near Knights shot that hit the bar either (which looked a better shot to me), but closer to Butter's header that hit the bar though.

If Cardiff did not have Koumas they would be nothing much on that performance.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
gerbil said:
Apart from Jimmy case,Michael Robinson,Stefan Iovan,Garry Nelson,Mark Farrington, Jason Peake,Richard Tiltman,Michael Mahoney Johnson and errr Bobby Zamora.

Other than that lot he probably is :jester:

The only player in your list I would cite as potentially as exciting is Michael Robinson - but he was signed almost 26 years ago!

I agree Jimmy Case was a terrific player - but powerful and commanding rather than exciting.

As for the rest, (signed between 1985 and 1998) they were IMHO gifted players in poor Albion teams by comparison with today's Albion.

I am simply saying that CKR oozes quality and skill and "is possibly" the most exciting signing since our top flight side of the early 1980s (ie 25 years ago)

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Simster said:
Used to live round the corner from me in Hurstpierpoint. Played in a Cup Final for the Albion - long before you ever got there obviously. :smokin:

I used to live in Hurst in those days simster - you're not ex-St Lawrence by any chance are you???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Calm down, Calm down

Its all a game of opinions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dunno said:
I used to live in Hurst in those days simster - you're not ex-St Lawrence by any chance are you???
Nah, I went to Albourne, then Downlands. Alot my friends at the time went to St Lawrence though. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here