Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR is possibly the most exciting signing we have made in 25 years

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
royally pissed off by the constant slagging of CKR by some on NSC,

The lad is only 19 and oozes skill and pace and IMHO along with Seb Carole (and possibly Frutos) are the most exciting signings we have made in the past 25 years ....

Like Leon (who is also still a youngster) CKR needs nurturing and a firm hand when he doesn't give 100% in effort ... but his natural ability is there in abundance

If we keep these players and our own youngsters (such as Jake and El Abd) continue to develop then I would bet Gareth Glover's last £10 that they will be helping us into the top six of the Championship within 4 years.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'll drink to that, well said.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I agree that he is an exciting signing, but one of the most exciting signings in the last 25 years? Behave.

Steady, OTLW :lolol:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
the full harris said:
I agree that he is an exciting signing, but one of the most exciting signings in the last 25 years? Behave.

It's less of an exaggeration than it is to call him, ahem, a "twat", as some have done.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Think back to 1981 and I can only think of one other signing which could possibly match him for POTENTIAL excitement and that is Zamora ...

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He's obviously a player who is very talented but i still think in past games he's looked like he's not interested but he is still very young and im sure the best is still to come.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Looking at the goals he has scored and some of his play you cannot doubt the lads talent. Given a decent run in the side I can see him getting close to double figures this season - not bad considering he is just starting to progress into a first team player.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
y2dave said:
Looking at the goals he has scored and some of his play you cannot doubt the lads talent. Given a decent run in the side I can see him getting close to double figures this season - not bad considering he is just starting to progress into a first team player.

I agree ... EVERY one of his 3 goals has been sheer class (MOTD goal of month stuff) and even against the likes of Burnley when he didn't score he still terrorised their defence when he came on .... think I am right that he also scored Bury's goal of the season last year

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
It's less of an exaggeration than it is to call him, ahem, a "twat", as some have done.

Not myself though. See 'now shut the f*** up' thread from yesterday evening.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
On the Left Wing said:
I agree ... EVERY one of his 3 goals has been sheer class (MOTD goal of month stuff) and even against the likes of Burnley when he didn't score he still terrorised their defence when he came on .... think I am right that he also scored Bury's goal of the season last year

Exactly, he doesn't score the 'bread and butter' goals of a striker, he scores the spectacular goals of an attacking midfielder. That is, of course, because he is not a striker but an attacking midfielder, as he himself said when he first arrived, not that anyone remembers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most spectacular goal scorer without a doubt, but Carole is a more exciting player imo.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
the full harris said:
Exactly, he doesn't score the 'bread and butter' goals of a striker, he scores the spectacular goals of an attacking midfielder. That is, of course, because he is not a striker but an attacking midfielder, as he himself said when he first arrived, not that anyone remembers.

I agree FH ...... though not an attacking midfielder but a forwrad lying off the target man ....which is what those at Bury said he was best at ....

the full harris said:
because he is not a striker but an attacking midfielder, as he himself said when he first arrived, not that anyone remembers.

Was it really that definitive? Not sure he'd do that well in midfield, he's a bit too languid and casual at the mo for that. But anyways, he certainly got all his 3 goals for us playing up front, wish he'd get a few tap-ins too though :)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
While I agree with the sentiments above I think that having been fortunate to win the Coca Cola money we should've gone for a proven, experienced goalscorer first and foremost as keeping in this division is the most important aim. We can't really afford to buy for the future (cough *Molango* cough). Going for CKR is a risk and I hope it works out because if we go down and CKR shines, he'll be out of here as Falmer is still two and a half seasons away.

Having said that, I'd like to see CKR in midfield where he belongs with Knight and probably Turienzo up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here