Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR....A complete wate of money

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He was injured playing for the reserves on Wed night.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Morning Yorks your up early considering you had a long day:ohmy:

Morning.
I had 7 hours sleep which is two more than I normally need :wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How can you judge a player so soon ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He is only 18 for goodness sake, he won't turn into the saviour of the Albion overnight, in fact your comments describe at least half of the performances I have seen from Leon, I don't hear many people slagging him off.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Someone posted that it took BZ a few games to get going when we first got him.
Can't remember who it was and how many games but it took a little while.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If MM can find a decent striker before the transfer window closes, maybe we should consider loaning CKR out to a lower division team to build up his experience and hopefully scoring a few goals. I think we are expecting far too much of him personally - it will be at least next season before we can really expect him to be doing the business.

Get an experienced player in on loan - we must be able to afford someone, surely.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think we would be better off bolstering the midfield and finding someone who can challenge Chippy and Charlie for a place in the team, I think we already have players who can provide the finish if the service improves. In Jake and Leon we have two players who can create havoc moving in from the wings, what we need is a bit more creativity in the centre.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not criticising MM or CKR but we really could have done with an experienced striker thats going to score goals for us now. CKR needs a season of regular first team football before he'll start scoring goals regularly.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think he has a little too much pressure on him and perhaps it wouldnt hurt using him from the bench a bit until he settles but he has looked useful.

The worry I have is that he looks a bit stroppy when things are not going the right way and you only have to look at how people slate Leon Knight to see how well this tends to go down with Brighton fans.

Lets hope people can lay off his back and that McGhee can try and channel that frustration into his football because he should be good.

I think its too early to tell whether he will be good or not though to be honest.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:

I don't know where they got that impression, he scored 6 in six games when on loan and scored 2 against Rochdale in his second game after signing permanently. This was in a team that lost four of the first five games and was booed off against Kidderminster and the rest was history

Not too worried too much as it has been said a few times that he is not an out and out striker and hopefully we will find a position that suits him but after our lack of scoring last season we really did need to spend some of the money on a more tried and tested player rather than taking six figure gambles on two players with money we cannot really afford.

munster monch said:
Not too worried too much as it has been said a few times that he is not an out and out striker and hopefully we will find a position that suits him but after our lack of scoring last season we really did need to spend some of the money on a more tried and tested player rather than taking six figure gambles on two players with money we cannot really afford.

A player like that would cost us near a million rather than the £100k for CKR.

It's a shame people are overreacting to this one bad defeat yesterday when CKR has looked the business in our good performances against Derby and Crewe, and he was even among our better players against Reading, creating our best chance in that game.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
junior said:
Looked a big pile of piss today.

Lazy,petulant,couldnt be bothered kind of attitude today.

Is he going to turn out to be the biggest wate of money ever?

What so you can rate a player after 4 games?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:

2 goals on his home debut once we'd signed him, then didn't he get 3 a couple of weeks later?

i thought kazim-richards was awful yesterday, he just seemed more interested in moaning about decisions going against him. he does need time, but hinshlewood tried to give the youngsters time and look what happened to him. i think he would be better coming off the bench in a similar way to jake and changing games, rather than being ineffective from the start. that way he will get the experience, and maybe do something

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Bobby scored on his debut. ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:
Bobby scored on his debut. ???

which just goes to show that people shouldn't read what is posted on Nsc as fact

Fact :D

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:
A player like that would cost us near a million rather than the £100k for CKR.

It's a shame people are overreacting to this one bad defeat yesterday when CKR has looked the business in our good performances against Derby and Crewe, and he was even among our better players against Reading, creating our best chance in that game.

Not over reacting and not pointing the finger at CKR or anyone as I opened my post saying I am not too worried. I also cannot say too much as I have nothing to form my opinions on other than the radio commentary and here.

What I was making a slight concerned point about was that we have appeared to have made two gambles on players at fees which are very expensive by our humble standards. But like you say, tried and tested comes at a much higher price so what else are we to do?

Albion Rob

munster monch said:
I don't know where they got that impression, he scored 6 in six games when on loan and scored 2 against Rochdale in his second game after signing permanently. This was in a team that lost four of the first five games and was booed off against Kidderminster and the rest was history

Not that you're doing it MM but direct comparisons between BZ and CKR are very unfair on our late4st potential goal machine.

BZ came in to a very good Brighton side on loan (one that didn't lose for the last 14 games or something, in fact he played brilliantly in the last defeat against Northampton) and an even better one the next season. One that won DIVISON THREE by a mile and one that even I could have notched 10 goals in. We were one of the big fish with (comparitively) big crowds and money to overhaul our squad from the previous season.

CKR has come in to the side at a difficult time. We're having to sell our best players. The old goard is, well, old. We have an almost totally new defence and our top scorer from last season has departed. Also, we play in the CHAMPIONSHIP against very good defenders. I also believe this is the strongest the league has been, certainly a lot stronger than out previous two seasons.

If CKR keeps believing in himself and learns what he needs to off McGhee then I think he'll be as big a hero as Zamora.

Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here