Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR....A complete wate of money

He got sat on by a good central defender/astute tactics by Taylor, was isolated by our poor team shape, had wayward service from our midfield and a lot of dodgy 50/50 calls from the ref. And yes, he didn't react that well to all those things going against him and it was a wise subbing by McGhee.

The boy is, and remains class, but he is 18, still learning and is not a miracle worker to be able to overcome all the above! :)

the right footed denilson said:
LI- your view on Oatway today?

Like quite a few others, had a bad game.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
He got sat on by a good central defender/astute tactics by Taylor, was isolated by our poor team shape, had wayward service from our midfield and a lot of dodgy 50/50 calls from the ref. And yes, he didn't react that well to all those things going against him and it was a wise subbing by McGhee.

The boy is, and remains class, but he is 18, still learning and is not a miracle worker to be able to overcome all the above! :)

For the 1st time in my life I agree with something you say!!!

How can the boy do anything when he's stuck up front on his own?

gerbil said:
How can the boy do anything when he's stuck up front on his own?

Well, he did plenty against Crewe and Derby playing the lone striker and less against Reading with Leon as a partner. The problem isn't playing as the lone striker, but the right midfield mix of players to supply him. McGhee's midfield formation today didn't work.

Last edited:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
What do you guys expect?

Judge him after 15 games if you must; not after 4.

We aren't going to be in the playoffs. Shock. Horror.

We aren't even going to be in with a sniff!

But if McGhee can keep us in this division he will have done a marvellous job, so give him, and his team selections, a chance.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
McGhee's comments after the match seemed to suggest he was having second thoughts about playing CKR in lone strikers role - that it was alsking too much of a young player.

From what I've seen (not there today) he looks more of a supporting type of attacking midfield player. Think he has real talent but needs careful handling to bring out the best in him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good posts LI & Tadley Gull.

:clap:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What a joke thread.

The kid is 18, has palyed less than 40 professional matches, and is playing a completely new position and role and has done so for only 4 games.

Give the lad a chance you doughnut! He cost £100k, peanuts for a player of his potential.

We have the 'buffalo soldiers' of The Championship. The lads have to play amazingly every week to hope to get points, there are not going to be any superstars, we're lucky to keep anyone halfway decent, and basically the odds are stacked against us staying up - we are expected to fail.

It sounds like CKR's plight today should better be blamed on MM for tactics/formation that isolated him.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
junior said:
Looked a big pile of piss today.

Lazy,petulant,couldnt be bothered kind of attitude today.

Is he going to turn out to be the biggest wate of money ever?

... and we have our first new scapegoat of the season ...

Inevitable, although I didn't think anyone would be this quick. FFS, give him time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
NMH said:
It's a good sign, obviously CKR will turn into a star and we can remind junior of this thread wot he started

Got to say that I agee with NMH, it's far too early to make such a harsh judgement. Seems to me that the root of the problem is that MM hasn't sorted out the formation and that we're lacking in midfield.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With a poor midfield and no left-sided players, the best striker in the world would struggle.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
bhaexpress said:
Got to say that I agee with NMH, it's far too early to make such a harsh judgement. Seems to me that the root of the problem is that MM hasn't sorted out the formation and that we're lacking in midfield.

Spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here