Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City v QPR

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Already conspiracy theories being touted by United fans that QPR knew they were safe going into injury time and then shipped the goals on purpose!!!

I would have thought that Mark Hughes would have wanted nothing more than to stop City winning the title as pay back, although if they'd heard that they were safe, they may have subconsciously relaxed and taken their foot off the gas before the end of the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It did seem odd, that kicking off at 2-2 they booted it deep into the man city half and didn't really close the ball down...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did it really seem that odd? Really? No it didnt did it?

Not odd enough for me to say it is proof of a conspiracy, but if you've not had much possession, you want a point to secure premier league football, with a manager who has a personal issue with their opponent, kicking the ball deep into your opponent's half and not trying to close it down it is a weird choice of tactics.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] is spot on.

Anyone who thinks what City have done this season is any different to what United have done for years is either thick as shit or a closet United fan.

I'm not a United fan and I consider myself to be fairly well educated, I can't remember a single time when United outbid everyone for the worlds best players in one season to win the title. I might be wrong though.

Edit 21.17 I may be being a little harsh, more like 2 seasons

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not odd enough for me to say it is proof of a conspiracy, but if you've not had much possession, you want a point to secure premier league football, with a manager who has a personal issue with their opponent, kicking the ball deep into your opponent's half and not trying to close it down it is a weird choice of tactics.

They had ten men and knew there was about one minute left. To try and tap it about at the back with City all guns blazing to get the ball would have meant probably losing the ball in a far more compromising position. A deep kick out for a throw was really a quite sensible idea IMO as it wasted time and put the ball in the safest place on the pitch if you are trying to run down time. The only other option was to play back and come under immediate pressure.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
can't remember a more exciting ending to a league season..........just brilliant

also in the constant service there was the BIGGEST TWAT of a united fan (southern accent, obviously) I have ever come across........I didn't really care who won the league, but his face when city scored their 3rd was an absolute DELIGHT to witness........so, SO funny

To be fair the Constant is a City rather than Utd pub these days, so he may just have stood out more as being in the minority.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
From todays starting lineups, City only had 3 players who were at the club 3 seasons ago whereas United had 7. United have spent just as much as city but they have done than fairly evenly over the last 8-10 years where City have spent just as much in 3-4 years.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Do you have to spend all your money equally over a ten year period now? How much have Albion spent in the past 3-4 years compared to the previous five years? More generally... ffs, who cares, i only heard the results in the pub tonight, and I done a yawn. Premiership top six teams with money to burn wave their dicks about but who cares, why are non ManU/C people on here giving a care either way, I didn't even get out of bed until 6pm today, it's the ***** who don't support Big Six teams but who are bothered to f***ing watch that are the problem. THEY are the REAL plastics. No team but the one you truly support matters and no competition your team is not involved in matters. Anything else makes you look like a twat. Any Brighton or Charlton who cares about the result of any Champions League/Europa/PL match should have their throat slit for example. Stop licking other teams' arseholes. End of.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Do you have to spend all your money equally over a ten year period now? How much have Albion spent in the past 3-4 years compared to the previous five years? More generally... ffs, who cares, i only heard the results in the pub tonight, and I done a yawn. Premiership top six teams with money to burn wave their dicks about but who cares, why are non ManU/C people on here giving a care either way, I didn't even get out of bed until 6pm today, it's the ***** who don't support Big Six teams but who are bothered to f***ing watch that are the problem. THEY are the REAL plastics. No team but the one you truly support matters and no competition your team is not involved in matters. Anything else makes you look like a twat. Any Brighton or Charlton who cares about the result of any Champions League/Europa match should have their throat slit for example. Stop licking other teams' arseholes. End of.

What a loaf of absolute shit.

A lot of people enjoy actually watching sport, and appreciate a good game of football. That doesn't mean you are supporting any other team. Today was a very exciting day of sport, starting with the F1 and finishing with the football.

Or are you also saying people who watch any other grand prix than the British one also deserve their throat slit?

How sad for you that you wasted a day in bed and missed A cracking day of sport.

:tosser:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
What a loaf of absolute shit.

A lot of people enjoy actually watching sport, and appreciate a good game of football. That doesn't mean you are supporting any other team. Today was a very exciting day of sport, starting with the F1 and finishing with the football.

Or are you also saying people who watch any other grand prix than the British one also deserve their throat slit?

How sad for you that you wasted a day in bed and missed A cracking day of sport.

:tosser:

Anyone who even owns a TV is a **** to be fair. I binned mine 20 years ago and have never looked back. Also, today was my birthday, which is the best excuse to stay in bed anyone can ever have. I love pubs, but won't go to one that is showing televised sport as I don't see the point. If you care that much about about an event, f***ing well attend it. Otherwise, you're a PLASTIC. End of.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone who even owns a TV is a **** to be fair. I binned mine 20 years ago and have never looked back. Also, today was my birthday, which is the best excuse to stay in bed anyone can ever have. I love pubs, but won't go to one that is showing televised sport as I don't see the point. If you care that much about about an event, f***ing well attend it. Otherwise, you're a PLASTIC. End of.

You sound like a real bundle of joy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think we have the winner of the "I've done Hartlepool on a Tuesday night look at me SUPERFAN award" here.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

:clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you have to spend all your money equally over a ten year period now? How much have Albion spent in the past 3-4 years compared to the previous five years? More generally... ffs, who cares, i only heard the results in the pub tonight, and I done a yawn. Premiership top six teams with money to burn wave their dicks about but who cares, why are non ManU/C people on here giving a care either way, I didn't even get out of bed until 6pm today, it's the ***** who don't support Big Six teams but who are bothered to f***ing watch that are the problem. THEY are the REAL plastics. No team but the one you truly support matters and no competition your team is not involved in matters. Anything else makes you look like a twat. Any Brighton or Charlton who cares about the result of any Champions League/Europa/PL match should have their throat slit for example. Stop licking other teams' arseholes. End of.

What a tool. If you didn't watch, and enjoy watching that yesterday, you are not a football fan. There is life outside Brighton. And there is CERTAINLY life outside Charlton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here