Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City fans.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I’ve noticed it a lot this season, the general level of Paranoia from all of the big 6 is quite frankly staggering.

Even after the Spurs fiasco a few of their fans seemed to think that the outrage was because Spurs benefited, rather than because it was the single worst performance in VAR history.

It’s actually quite staggering how all of them need to play the victim card constantly. They have the financial clout which has made the Top 4 and every trophy a closed shop but still they need to try and paint themselves as a plucky underdog fighting against the system who hate specifically them. It’s hilariously pathetic.
The Trump 6.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I loved it when....

They scored and all did that thing when fans turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

VAR DISALLOWED GOAL

North west corner of the North stand all turn their backs to the pitch and bounce up and down celebrating.

That was very funny.

7min 30secs 🤣

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely 'Just a shit Lewis Dunk'?
Sung at Stones when he was down.

Incidentally, Ortega kicked the ball out of play, so Stones could get treatment, but then Hooper handed him the ball for a goal kick, afterwards. Why didn’t we get the throw in?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not City but I used to work with a Man U fan quite a few years ago, I remember going back to work on a Monday after we have won a game in league one over the weekend buzzing. I would say to him "I see you had another good result" and he would just shrug, because at that time United were like City and winning was what they did, it was no longer a big deal. He was not a knob and he had supported United since a child and went to games. I thought it was strange how success had bought such a dismissive attitute and I am sure he thought I was nuts to be so happy to get point against Stockport County

I am sure the same thing has happened with City Fans.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They act as if everyone is against them. The freak fouled our player get over it. An easy decision that Hopper was able to give after just one review on the pitch side screen.

I really hope that the EPL grow some balls and throw them out for cheating
Haaland undoubtedly committed a foul. Guardiola and City fans who argue that it wasn't enough of a foul for the goal to be disallowed ignore the fact that one of our goals was disallowed because Mitoma fell on the ball and it hit his arm. No intent to foul, but the laws require it to be ruled out. In the light of that, it's a bit rich to expect that a foul that their player committed be overlooked because it was fairly minor.

On the monied clubs believing that everyone is against them. To me, its a failure to extrapolate and to put yourself in others' shoes. As a Brighton fan, I am against every team that Brighton plays and every team that could be competition for Brighton. As City/Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Newcastle fans they are the same, just change the name of the club. All football supporters are exactly the same. This means that, other than your own fans, everybody is against you. However, this doesn't make you especially targetted. It's true of every team in the sport.

The media, the officials, the administrators etc. are the only ones that are supposed to be neutral. However, their neutrality is consistently viewed by the partial as needing to be explained because those of us who have chosen a team view the world through a lense of cognitive bias. If a decision goes to our opponent, if a newspaper story criticises our team, we are most likely going to look for reasons why the decision/critique must be wrong and to accuse the neutral of being against us, when really they are just not for us. Essentially we are actually criticising them for not sharing our bias and calling them biased.

Weirdly, this nonsense has now spread to politics too. As a species, we seem to be becoming stupider by the day.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Weirdly, I work with a city fan, genuine fan -she's from Manchester, and she tried all day to get tickets in the home and the away section and both clubs had sold out the entire time. She was really frustrated and therefore it was odd to see so many gaps in the city end.
There were absolutely loads of tickets on sale in the Brighton end yesterday, I checked!

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh he seems like a nice boy. He can stay.
You get the feeling watching some these youngsters doing this, it is like an audition, hoping they will be picked up by match of the day or something.
I have never sat or stood next to someone doing that the whole game, I wonder is it annoying ?
or do you loiter around in the background hoping to be on one of the clips.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You get the feeling watching some these youngsters doing this, it is like an audition, hoping they will be picked up by match of the day or something.
I have never sat or stood next to someone doing that the whole game, I wonder is it annoying ?
No idea as frankly i sit amongst a load of old farts (the way I like it) but someone with their hand up filming the whole game would get on my tits. My issue would be butting in and correcting his mistakes.

Also moment last night where I (out of character I might add) called the referee a fat, bald, c@@t. Not proud of it. But the bigger issue was - I'm a big boy myself, the lad next to me is hefty. His dad next to him is bald, and two guys in front of me are both bald.

So we all had to sit their in slightly awkward silence for a bit. Not addressing the elephant(s) in the room. Not sure how that would translate on a perky youtube channel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was as good as at Chelsea with Ronald, he wasn't a problem at all.
The same can't be said for those gurning at the camera.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Oh he seems like a nice boy. He can stay.
Although his argument that their fans had to travel a six hundred mile round trip after they had already won the league speaks only of the fans that live in Manchester. The Facebook page of the London branch of their supporter's club alone has 1300 members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here