Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For those of you who've missed the binfest in the Guardian comments section in the last 36 hours or so...

Welbeck reaches over Cancelo then closes his arm on the Portuguese players arm and drags him down - wtf and hft is that a red card - free kick to the visitors all day long. Denied a pen as well City near the end - also, why are Brighton kicking lumps out of City as if their life depended on it? Atwell is an embarrassment to the refereeing profession!!

Referee ruined that game completely.

You couldn't even sell 8000 tickets. Pathetic

Did no one notice lallana wipe out Jesus? Well VAR didn’t. Pathetic.

"This was a night that lifted the soul."
More anti Man City diatribe, and they wonder why there i a North/ South Divide!

Enjoy your 15th place and minus goal difference.

What were Brighton doing kicking lumps out of Foden and Gundogan every chance they got? Best young player in the world at present and they do not want him to play in the champions league final? Then god forbid if Brighton have stopped City's top scorer and easily one of the top threee midfielders in the world from playing in the final with a tackle above his knee - which should have been a straight red!!

Shocking refereeing! Brighton were given the freedom to hack away at the City players with impunity. The wrap around out of control tackle on Jesus was dangerous and done after the ball was long gone. The Brighton player had left the ground to commit a foul and that was played as an advantage to Brighton! The crowd booing Gundogan after he was ruthlessly injured showed how Brighton fans have zero class and BTW I support Bolton!

Brighton fans booing the finest player of his generation just about sums up why not having a crowd in has made the premier league so enjoyable this season. Admittedly Brighton has zero football culture but still, very poor.

Beaten by a side out to injure opposition players. Cheap and poor tactic! City will remember this next season!

There is no joy in winning a game in which the dice are loaded, except for football fans apparently. Brighton fans and this ref don’t seem to understand the rules, blinded by ineptitude.

And my personal favourite;

I do wonder where Brighton get their fans from considering just 10 years ago they averaged under 8000 for their home games. They now have a 30,000 capacity stadium. Where were they all for the years before the got to the Premier League? I know you can say that every club but I don't think there's a worse case than Brighton.

And hilariously they're STILL moaning!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Nearly all the comments on this thread on their forum are completely laughable - the officials were corrupt and we are dirty cheating b*stards who hacked their players down at every opportunity. No mention anywhere of the pen we shoulda got for a clear handball, of course. You'd think they'd be more chilled out - they've just won the league and it was a meaningless match.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-a-post-match-thread.350774/

Last night I read the first 12 pages of Blue Moon’s post match reaction thread - at the last count it had gone to 119 pages. With the odd exception they were unbelievably off their rockers with hate. In brief, the match officials were bent, the Brighton players are thugs, Graham Potter is a c***, Brighton fans are c****, Brighton is a shithole, we want to smash these c**** next season and send them down, the PL/FA etc should investigate match fixing, the crowd influenced the ref (all 8,000 of them :lolol: ?), and many more comments.

They, in the space of a few hours, have made Leeds fans appear like nuns in comparison with their vitriol. Talk about arrogance and entitlement. How dare Brighton and Hove Albion beat them 3-2 after being 2-0 down. I have now heard that Tony Bloom and Paul Barber are sending a grovelling letter of apology to Man City officials about the Albion’s temerity in refusing to lose by at least 4-0 and offer fealty to the Champions. :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from when Foden escaped for his goal I thought Ben White handled him pretty well to be honest, and I’m fairly confident that Ben would have put a table in had Webster not come steaming across.

A table you say? About as close as we’ll come to parking the bus :lolol:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's the first game they've had with fans, they've beat the champs from 2-0 down and they've stayed up. Let them enjoy it ffs.

I’ve found a sensible one. :clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe I will now be supporting Chelsea in the champions League final
Always thought City were ok and seemed like a great club while playing second fiddle to United and even tasting the third tier not so long ago, but Jesus how they have changed.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Can't believe I will now be supporting Chelsea in the champions League final
Always thought City were ok and seemed like a great club while playing second fiddle to United and even tasting the third tier not so long ago, but Jesus how they have changed.

Well I suppose having Jesus in your team helps - a miracle here, a miracle there. :angel:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Uck at them in their former commonwealth athletics stadium which they didn't pay for. Good luck to them when the petrol heads money drys up, they won't see him for dust

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All a bit laughable. I would have thought any coach would tell their players to want it more when playing a side distracted by a future cup final. That said, were hardly over physical. Lallana genuine tried (and succeeded) to win the ball. The only challenge that was clumsy was from Ali J. I haven’t seen a replay but it looked to me to be clumsy rather than dangerous, a classic strikers challenge.

Ironic that it was Ali J. We’re the City fans bemoaning match fixing when Ali was headbutted by Kyle Walker in the FA cup semi final? Just goes to show that it’s all swings and roundabouts.

The whining just goes to show how out of touch and privileged a once genuinely great fan base has become.

After Cancelo was sent off I did wonder how the Fa Cup Semi would have gone if Walker had rightly been sent off. This was at 1-0, as was the Semi at the time. We'll never know, but it's nice to speculate.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After Cancelo was sent off I did wonder how the Fa Cup Semi would have gone if Walker had rightly been sent off. This was at 1-0, as was the Semi at the time. We'll never know, but it's nice to speculate.

We'd have kept it tight and hoped for a respectable 1-0 defeat, I expect. Chris would have been happy with that.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Reading between the lines and the reaction of the City fans,manager and his staff I can only assume Cuty expected us to clap them on to the pitch , not tackle them , and definitely not have the temerity to try and win the game .

The sense of self entitlement is quite apparent in everything there is about the modern day Man City .

I much preferred them as a football club before they purchased the EPL .

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blue Moan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Their Swedish fans went from being very humble, quite intelligent and funny back in the days to being complete ***** once their club became rich and successful.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We definitely got the best of the 50:50 decisions, and one mysterious "play on" where we had fouled and came away with the ball, first time this season I can say that this season though.
But we also had the clearest big error of the night go against us, handball in the box for a penalty for us.
The ironic booking of Sanchez for time wasting, when Ederson had done much more of it when they were in front, which is why we were booing earlier in the game, not because we don't respect City as many of their dullards seem to think.
Many twats moaning about a mystery foul given against them, it was a foul throw. the big clue being we restarted with a Brighton throw, not a free kick.

If that is the worst officials have done to them this season, they have been bloody lucky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading between the lines and the reaction of the City fans,manager and his staff I can only assume Cuty expected us to clap them on to the pitch , not tackle them , and definitely not have the temerity to try and win the game .

The sense of self entitlement is quite apparent in everything there is about the modern day Man City .

I much preferred them as a football club before they purchased the EPL .

Their Swedish fans went from being very humble, quite intelligent and funny back in the days to being complete ***** once their club became rich and successful.

Brighton knocked City out of the League Cup back in September 2008, when they'd just been taken over. We were still at our athletics stadium waiting for the Amex to be built. Those City fans were great value and even chanted 'Can we buy a ground for you'.

Now, their fans just have a massive sense of entitlement, and lost their humility (as Maupay would say).

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/footballisfixed/status/1395040119799881731?s=20

Have to say this account has completely lost the plot, considering Stuart Atwell has given us two red cards this season, and easily one of the worst penalty decisions of the season against Palace. Mostly city fans agreeing with him, suppose if your £200 million + squad can't beat one which spent a tiny percentage of that you can always claim the game is fixed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
https://twitter.com/footballisfixed/status/1395040119799881731?s=20

Have to say this account has completely lost the plot, considering Stuart Atwell has given us two red cards this season, and easily one of the worst penalty decisions of the season against Palace. Mostly city fans agreeing with him, suppose if your £200 million + squad can't beat one which spent a tiny percentage of that you can always claim the game is fixed.

I would not be surprised to see a lawyer take a look at those tweets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here