Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not really true - except the keyboard warriors shit. I worked up in Manchester for six months, and, have gone up there for Albion away days. I found that most people that live in Manchester are City fans, United draw their “local” fans from around Stretford, Salford, Torquay, Singapore and other places close by within a 3,000 mile radius.

This is a myth. There are areas that are more City than United and vice-versa, but it’s more or less 50/50.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think some on here are going over the top. Just as most of us would not want to be judged in the same light as some of the numpties that post on here, you can't really judge all Man City fans on the keyboard warriors that are emboldened by their anonymity.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
This is a myth. There are areas that are more City than United and vice-versa, but it’s more or less 50/50.

You try booking a hotel room in Manchester when United have a home game and you'll discover it's a myth built on solid foundations. A) you have to book months in advance and B) when you come down to breakfast you'll probably be the only person not wearing a united shirt.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

This probably makes sense

You try booking a hotel room in Manchester when United have a home game and you'll discover it's a myth built on solid foundations. A) you have to book months in advance and B) when you come down to breakfast you'll probably be the only person not wearing a united shirt.

I don’t think this proves your point. Man U have a 75000 capacity stadium so plenty of tourist seats to fill. That doesn’t change the allegiance of Utd fans in Manchester. Many can’t afford or even qualify to buy tickets. I know an ardent Utd fan who is a regular at Altrincham for these reasons.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When I was at school (a long, long time ago!) the ‘format’ was to always support the Albion, as the local third division team, and to follow a big club in the first division - so Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea were the main choices and other odd ones like Wolves and Stoke were also on the list. The difference was that the Albion were always number one.

So, referring to your post, the one thing I absolutely abhor with so-called fans is the complete lack of loyalty to any one club. A true fan, for whatever reason, chooses a club for life, through thick and thin. You can’t change your support on a whim like going from shopping at Tesco and then preferring Sainsbury’s.

I don’t like the term ‘plastic fan’ but, in your post, it perfectly sums up your description of who we detest most in those that follow football.

My experience too, growing up in Worthing. I chose Liverpool because no one else supported them at the time, and partly because of the 1965 Cup Final, which I went in to wanting Leeds to win and then they started kicking Liverpool off the pitch.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

I agree with a lot of what you say, although the crying wolf over petulant kicks I take issue with. That is just give and take. Pep is clever enough to know that it happens and not immune at asking his teams to put it about a bit.

I’d beg forgiveness on the moron count. Just put it down to joy at beating a side with such a significant advantage in terms of player power. We both know that playing teams that are down to ten men can be hard, and with our track record of breaking down teams, even harder.

Finding the right ownership and management structure is key to success. It is why many foreign owners fail. They expect immediate results and get frustrated by the Championship. It’s why I think Paul Barber (despite being the bogeyman for everything) was one of the best signings Tony made.

Let’s hope that next year we are able to give you another run for your money, and that you find success while holding your owners to account.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My experience too, growing up in Worthing. I chose Liverpool because no one else supported them at the time, and partly because of the 1965 Cup Final, which I went in to wanting Leeds to win and then they started kicking Liverpool off the pitch.

You'll be a Man City fan now then - after the way we treated them the other night!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
‘City have no fresh injury concerns but will be without Joao Cancelo, who is suspended after being sent off against Brighton in midweek.’

But we kicked them off the park? Is Gundogan the new Billy Sharp?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........

I know what you are alluding to with that childish point. The author of an amateur blog who has past history for making unproven slurs against Tony Bloom plus other non football conspiracy theory nonsense without a shred of proof. The club are very aware of this individual. He's clearly overstepped the mark this time. I hope Bloom rinses him. In the space of two tweets earlier this week, he's managed to potentially libel Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet plus the referee of Tuesday nights game. Impressive. The claims made are highly libellous particularly against Tony Bloom. I'm not going to repeat them here for obvious reasons. I don't fancy the authors chances down the Strand if any were to take action. If you fancy your chances by retweeting or quoting them elsewhere, fill your boots.

Another point of note with the author. There is a pattern to many who he targets with his nonsense. It's not hard to spot looking at his previous. Yes, Tony Bloom is Jewish if you weren't aware.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You'll be a Man City fan now then - after the way we treated them the other night!

Absolutely not. If the glorious Seagulls were ever to resort to kicking the opposition off the pitch, it would be because the opposition deserved it!:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know what you are alluding to with that childish point. The author of an amateur blog who has past history for making unproven slurs against Tony Bloom plus other non football conspiracy theory nonsense without a shred of proof. The club are very aware of this individual. He's clearly overstepped the mark this time. I hope Bloom rinses him. In the space of two tweets earlier this week, he's managed to potentially libel Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet plus the referee of Tuesday nights game. Impressive. The claims made are highly libellous particularly against Tony Bloom. I'm not going to repeat them here for obvious reasons. I don't fancy the authors chances down the Strand if any were to take action. If you fancy your chances by retweeting or quoting them elsewhere, fill your boots.

Another point of note with the author. There is a pattern to many who he targets with his nonsense. It's not hard to spot looking at his previous. Yes, Tony Bloom is Jewish if you weren't aware.

I do love how the sum total of Mr Bloom's conspiracy is to keep his team 17th.

Shooting for the stars but instead hitting Wakefield.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Any message board has idiots including here. Too suddenly hate a club while searching internet forums seems bizarre too me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here