Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......
^------ What a bitter little sore ( and sour ) loser.

Lol. This is gold dust.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve always had a high regard for City and their fans, Colin Bell was one of the most underrated English players ever, the fans they still attracted to Maine Road when they were in the 3rd division, and, quite frankly, they weren’t Manchester United.

Since the petro dollars have come into their club, and they have become a world power, I’m not over keen anymore. I have a mate who really used to go when they were shit, and he says that it’s not as much fun now, great winning everything, but, too many glory hunters who wouldn’t know the difference between John Bond and Brook Bond.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

Forgive me if I'm wrong but your first comment that I have put in bold, sounds like some bizarre threat of violence that the Always Ultras would write? Are you in your 60's or early teens? :catfight:

The second part I have put in bold is alluding to the astonishing claim of the game being fixed. I don't think Potter would have been quite so excited when we scored our first goal against you, if that were the case. We understand that Pep was unhappy about Potters over exuberance, so he apologised for upsetting him. :mad:

The third part I have put in bold must be you trying to be ironic? This thread is about your fellow supporters reaction about losing to #TeamsLikeBrighton. There is no whining, winning yes, whining no, your point makes no sense?

I appreciate that it's POETS day and that you are unsettled by your loss but it's a bit early to be drowning your sorrows isn't it? For you to write that load of drivel you must have had a few, or as someone said above, be on drugs. :shrug: Please keep your sensible adult comments coming so we can learn from you.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
55k stadium :lolol::lolol: 35k would have sufficed.

4CD4BEC9-F031-47E7-9FE0-B289B0CC3874.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think Potter would have been quite so excited when we scored our first goal against you, if that were the case. We understand that Pep was unhappy about Potters over exuberance that so he apologised for upsetting him. :mad:

The hypocrisy of it.

[tweet]1395303513438269441[/tweet]

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Always up for a fair chat with opposing fans, but there's no point in that when someone is so obviously ignoring reason in a debate and just favouring their own team. The contentious decisions that have been mentioned are just 50/50 calls that on this occasion have not gone City's way. The penalty shout at the end for example, Lallana clearly gets the ball first so to some people its never a penalty, but others will argue he was reckless. A referee is in the middle of that debate with varying reason on both sides to give or not give the penalty and on this day it has not gone City's way. That's football. Accept it and move on. For every point of discussion about why it should have been a penalty there's an opposing and equally valid one for why it wasnt, so neutral logic tells you its just a 50/50 call and this time the flip of a coin has not gone CIty's way. No point jumping on here and being so outraged at a conspiracy against you.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The hypocrisy of it.

[tweet]1395303513438269441[/tweet]

It's just bizarre! If that was what Pep & his staff were upset about, rather than losing, they sat there and stewed about it for over 20 minutes. Just... why?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’re not a good loser are you?
There's a lot of things he's not very good at!

Was going to list a few if them - but I see some of my fellow ignorant morons here on NSC have already eloquently rebuffed the pompous ass's increasingly pathetic pontificating! Like the egregious killer whale before him, he'll son be laughed out of court anyway.

Won't be missed ..........................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Cancelo was sent off, Jesus and fernandhino possibly could have got sent off but we’re a bunch of cloggers. You’re embarrassing yourself

Honourable mention for Bernardo Silva who finished the game with one yellow, having incredibly escaped a mandatory booking for taking away an opponent's legs to prevent a break, early on.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

You are in the Champions League final next week, just won the league and you are crying about losing a dead rubber. No wonder northerners have a reputation for being miserable buggers.

Go and have pot noodle and a ****. It might cheer you up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

That's right. Start classy.

And yet you are echoing the same opinions as them.

I have watched it back. I suggest that you do too, because you are imagining things. There wasn't petulance or niggling. Things were competitive, but I wouldn't even use the old term 'robust'. The myth that you were kicked off the park is based on nothing more than a perception of unfairness because AJ wasn't sent off for his striker's tackle on Gundogan. By the way, Gundogan having been hurt in a coming together with Lallana was substituted, and upon leaving the pitch, acknowledged, in a friendly manner, Lallana's obvious disappointment for a fellow pro.

Once you have watched it back, perhaps you'd also find the time to find the stats from any game you have played against a Pulis/Allardyce/Warnock team where they (1) Scored three times against you, (2) Had over twice the number of shots and more shots on target than you, and (3) Had two thirds of the game's possession. Then you can return and make that comparison seriously, rather than as a knowingly false childish insult.

There is that conspiracy theory nonsense and the besmirching of the name of a man we all know to be decent and fair. You let yourself down.

We have no jealousy here. To paraphrase Ronnie Corbett in 'The Frost Report' We know our place. We have been in the bottom two tiers for most of our existence and we know that the great run we are having is likely to end at any time, just like Bournemouth's did last year. Our owner is a lifelong fan whose family have been directors of the club before him. He has made his billions through gambling and property, using his genius for mathematics. We may all have qualms about the gambling industry, but Starlizard are not bookmakers, they are punters. The business is all about stats and looking for advantages. No more 'dodgy' than what any of us might do before a day at the races.

No, of course we are not seriously competing for league titles and Europe, but if you think that fans further down the pyramid love football because they like watching the big boys' fabulous skills on television, you have learned nothing in your multiple decades of visiting away grounds. It has very little to do with elite players or style. It's about community, its about shared aims and bringing people from a locality together. When we were in this division playing the pragmatic football of CH, we were Brighton. When we were eleven points adrift at the foot of the football league, we were Brighton. When real 'dodgy' owners left us homeless, we were Brighton. When we fought all comers for a decade to ensure that we could have a permanent home in the city, we were Brighton. When we lost repeated heartbreaking play off semis, we were Brighton. Whether our team are a bunch of cloggers, or the progressive and adventurous mob that you, if you are being honest, know us to be, we are Brighton. That's all we will ever be and all we ever want to be. If any of us felt differently, we could have chosen to follow you, or one of your peers on the telly. Our affairs are very much sorted thanks. To quote a poem close to a lot of our hearts, Attila the Stockbroker's 'Goldstone Ghosts':

"And one day, when our new home’s built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We¹ll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there."

We are exactly that bunch of happy fans and by god how we've earned these little victories. If you have no respect for us enjoying what we've earned, and just want to come on here and devalue them, I suggest that you just leave and don't come back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There is only one genuine moron posting on this thread :lolol:

We’ll “get you” next season
Hope we relegate you
Bloom behind bars
Potter is going to Spurs
We are jealous of City
Sunderland will “sail past Albion” in the near future
Albion playing like a Pulis/Allardyce/Warnock team
Dream about playing like City? We already do thanks....at about a tenth of the cost :lolol:

What an absolute cock and village idiot

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here