Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Council back Falmer

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ac gull said:

Think we may have a Seagulls fan maintaining their website who has uploaded the "almost final" documents; but not the "final" ones they sent in! - you couldn't make it up!!!

:ohmy:

in all seriousness ..is the copy posted on LDC website the version that Lord Bracknell receives as an interested party via the Govt?

If so... it really is so unprofessional its almost beyond belief and once it becomes a public document it should be plastered all over the Argus and given profile on local TV.

I'm glad I'm not an LDC ratepayer..not are they just spending money against the wishes of the votes but they are wasting it on an amateurish representation

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
The Oldman said:
You have to laugh. The transport consultant for Lewes suggests supporters will walk to Sheepcote Valley from Rottingdean, Saltdean and Peacehaven.:D

I can tell now, if that is the case, i dont fancy doing my job on matchdays....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well played Ed. :clap:
Anything to undermine their flimsy argument HAS to be a good thing - and the fact that LDC can't even properly proof-read their own submissions to the Secretary of State just further exposes them for the shambolic bunch they are. The comments they've left in beautifully highlights the desperate spin they're relying on to try to convince everyone that the whole of East Brighton somehow WON'T be gridlocked on matchdays by a 23,000 seater stadium.

We know it.
LDC know it.
And soon enough, Ruth will know it.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the event that Ruth Kelly gives her consent for Falmer, what is the estimated construction time for the stadium?

Ta

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Fantastic news!!

Even if this "oversight" by LDC doesn't add weight with R Kelly, it is a complete PR cock-up by them that HAS to be exploited after all their downright, bare-faced, lies.

Let's go for the jugular, copy the text in their report NOW before they read NSC and remove the erroneous report, and get it to The Argus (and any other sympathetic journalists - Jonathan Pierce, Paul Hayward, SCR, Southern Counties etc).

Lord B, again you have taken a further step towards Leg-end status.

:bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown: :clap2:

Nobby's Betamax Video said:
Fantastic news!!

Even if this "oversight" by LDC doesn't add weight with R Kelly, it is a complete PR cock-up by them that HAS to be exploited after all their downright, bare-faced, lies.

Let's go for the jugular, copy the text in their report NOW before they read NSC and remove the erroneous report, and get it to The Argus (and any other sympathetic journalists - Jonathan Pierce, Paul Hayward, SCR, Southern Counties etc).

Lord B, again you have taken a further step towards Leg-end status.

:bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown: :clap2:

SCR haven't been and aren't exactly supportive and Neil Pringle most definitely isn't. Remember their live report from Falmer 'Village' after the first P.I.? Agree with your other choices-let's expose them for the anti-sport, bigoted, vindictive, incompetent fools that they are.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup.
Good fun arguing the toss with them though. Fish in a barrel and all that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh me too...but it helps pass an afternoon at work. Course I'd prefer to still be on NSC, but with a debate on Falmer you're kind of preaching to the converted on here. You can have some right old ding-dongs with the mongs on there sometimes. I only wish I could get away with using Looney's immortal phrase:

"Now shut yer yap before I ram my cock in your ear and f***-start your brain"

...but I can't get it through the swear-filter.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Oldman said:
You have to laugh. The transport consultant for Lewes suggests supporters will walk to Sheepcote Valley from Rottingdean, Saltdean and Peacehaven.:D

Excellent news. All those who live east of Peacehaven have been given permission to abandon our cars at Rottingdean and walk in. That'll teach Rottingdean to make a donation to Falmer Parish council for fighting funds. :jester:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Gully said:
Just because it is designed for other sports doesn't mean that they will be played there. In China they have public executions in football stadiums, you could argue that Falmer is also ideally suited to that purpose, however as a civilised nation we abandoned that barbaric practice decades ago.

Bring it back.

Get the Falmer villagers onside!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They used to have public executions at the Goldstone:

In Shoreham, on 30 October 1792, a crook by the name of Edward Howell undertook the robbery of the mail coach at the Goldstone Bottom, with his accomplice a young man named James Rook. James Rook gave away his involvement at the Red Lion, Shoreham, and the two highwaymen were arrested for the robbery from John Stephenson (the boy delivering the mail) of half a sovereign. They were tried and found guilty at the Spring Assizes at Horsham and sentenced to death. The hangings took place on 26 April 1793 before a large crowd at the Goldstone. After the two guilty men were hanged, the bodies were saturated in tar and enclosed in a gibbet, an iron frame with the chains fastened to the bodies.

Gully said:
Just because it is designed for other sports doesn't mean that they will be played there. In China they have public executions in football stadiums, you could argue that Falmer is also ideally suited to that purpose, however as a civilised nation we abandoned that barbaric practice decades ago.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm even more confident now. :clap2:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
perseus said:
They used to have public executions at the Goldstone:

.... The hangings took place on 26 April 1793 before a large crowd at the Goldstone.

They think it's all over ... it will be on 26 April 1793! Did they break the crossbar?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
from The PPS7 Public Interest Test: 1.12 (iv)

The interests of the whole community must be protected if development is to be demonstrated to be in the public interest: in the context of a football stadium in the Sussex Downs AONB, that includes not just football supporters but also the 39 million and more visitors each year to the South Downs.

Are they suggesting that 39 million people visits Falmer each year!!

:eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here