Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cineworld unlimited pass

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Me and the wife have decided to take out the above, good value at £13.50 a month. Seen 5 films in the last month and, for what it's worth, would rate them as follows:

The Kings Speech - believe the hype, it's brilliant.
Little Fockers - not as good as the previous outings.
Black Swan - The Fly meets The Red Shoes, didn't work for me.
True Grit - Totally awesome, great cast especially Matt Damon.
Paul - Much better than I thought it would be, good road movie with aliens.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've had one for almost 5 years now. Definitely worth it if you go frequently. I went 65 times last year, 135 the year before.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I thought they were up to £15 a month now? Still a bargain as you only have to see 2 films a month to be worthwhile.

135 cinema trips in a year, wow-wee

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I've had one for almost 5 years now. Definitely worth it if you go frequently. I went 65 times last year, 135 the year before.

That's impressive, we're planning to go twice a week if poss, just good to avoid the mad crush of Orange Wednesdays.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New sign ups are still 13.50, and I think that price will be protected for the first year, but then the price increases.

That year was a special effort. By sheer coincident I ended up seeing 11 films in January, then 12 in February, and I wondered if I could continue. I knew I'd never be able to see 22 in December, so decided simply to make the effort to see at least 10 films a month. The summer months were a struggle, august in particular, as there's be one big film out some weeks taking up several screens, rather than a couple of films. And I managed it without watching Twilight or the hannah montana movie.

Also, I discovered you can use the cineworld pass with the orange wednesday things, so if you have a cineworld use that to pay for one and the orange code to get a free ticket.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
New sign ups are still 13.50, and I think that price will be protected for the first year, but then the price increases.

That year was a special effort. By sheer coincident I ended up seeing 11 films in January, then 12 in February, and I wondered if I could continue. I knew I'd never be able to see 22 in December, so decided simply to make the effort to see at least 10 films a month. The summer months were a struggle, august in particular, as there's be one big film out some weeks taking up several screens, rather than a couple of films. And I managed it without watching Twilight or the hannah montana movie.

OK, which was your favourite film of last year?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Best film - Tough one, I thought Precious, Inception, Crazy Heart, Winters Bone, and Harry Potter were all very good. I think my general bias for Chris Nolan makes me lean toward Inception.
Film I enjoyed most - The losers, I had a lot of fun watching this with some friends, and with them watching Percy Jackson. But I think the losers edges it for more maturity (read: naughty words and violence, and jason patrick as a delightfully hammy bad guy)

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Best film - Tough one, I thought Precious, Inception, Crazy Heart, Winters Bone, and Harry Potter were all very good. I think my general bias for Chris Nolan makes me lean toward Inception.
Film I enjoyed most - The losers, I had a lot of fun watching this with some friends, and with them watching Percy Jackson. But I think the losers edges it for more maturity (read: naughty words and violence, and jason patrick as a delightfully hammy bad guy)

Shamefuly, out of all those films I only saw Inception and that was on a plane. Not an easy film to understand at the best of times, impenetrable on a 6 inch screen in heavy turbulence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When I started it was £11.99 but now its uop to £13.50 still a bargain really. Think if you include West End then is about £15/£16 a month.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I dont go too often to the MOVIES but have got an Odeon card, gradually raking in the points for a free movie and/or popcorn/drink one day soon. Cant justify a monthly sub as I go once every 2 months usually.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We have that collectors card too. We go once a month or so - and would go more often if it was less of a costly decision. Might see if I can find out something from Odeon.

PS Might also ask them to stop selling bags of sweets that make such a bloody racket!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trouble with the odeon its a points based system which means that going to the cinema may not be enough to rack up the points to get a free film or you have to see a few to get your "free" one. Its the (1000% mark up) on the coke and popcorn where you earn points as well.

To be honest iof you have a cineworld nearby £13.50 is definitely worth going (if you see on avge two films a month or more).

3d films are £1.50 extra tho.

Orange Weds also works with the cineworld card so you can BOTH go for free if one is Orange weds and another a Cineworld card holder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here