Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cinderellas Night Club , Stroods Motel

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Hi Guys , back in the late 70,s early 80,s around the time Albion got promotion to the old 1st division .... i used to go to Cinderellas night club at Stroods Motel just off the a23 , does anyone else remenber or used to go to this club ? iv looked on the web but cannot find anything on it ? i remember it used to be up a drive on the left ( going north ) on the a23 just before the wimpey ( now a car showroom ) , anyone got a link or any info cheers .... championship ( says nervously ) here we come. up the Albion .:falmer:

D

Deleted User X18H

I shagged a couple of (female) twins there in 1987 . Blimey 24 years ands about 3 stone ago. But the thing was, they weren't twins they were cousins!! From Wivelsfield and two years later I ended up working with one of them at Bain Hogg/Clarkson/Aon in Haywards Heath. So there.

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
I used to travel up from Worthing, my mate had a car so he wouldn't drink. I used to get shit faced, grope all the birds, get in trouble and slapped a llittle bit !

Then get driven home................nice touch.

Where have all the good times gone ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
i remember trying to get in there late one night with Graham Moseley and a few of my mates. The bouncers wouldn't let any of us in. Can you imagine a premiership player not getting into a club, and not a top one, these days?

Mind you, the bouncers, they were not doormen, were psychos. They would pick on customers if there was not enough agrro.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stopped off there on the way home from Brighton races on a publicans and Police from Albany Street outing what the police got up to would have anybody else nicked but it was about 1971 and things were different then.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nothing existed before the internet, so many memories in my head and a few photo's. History started about the time of the digital camera. :cool:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Did anyone used to get the bus up there from Pool Valley circa 1979? Once famously had the driver stop by the pylons on the way back at about 2.30 (too much revelry going on) and my mate got in the driver's seat and moved the bus 50 yards down the lay-by with the driver in hot pursuit). That was a brilliant club early 80 s but it got a bit lairy after that. Does anyone remember the two huge twin-brother bouncers? They were eastern european I think. Both looked like Dolph Lundgren! Scary fuckers but they could really break up a scrap.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ooooh you jazz funkers bet you used to get up Hilly's at Sheffield Park too ...Great place till two coach loads of Londoners had a knife fight 9 stabbeb and twelve arrested i recall.. but was the next best place for jazz funk was Hilly's after the Goldmine @ Canvey Island ... happy daze

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
My older brothers went there with mates in the 70's when it was Cinderella's.
It was on the west side of the old A23.

By the time I went there in the mid-1980's, it was called the Dance Factory.

Because Crawley for a large-ish town didn't have a nightclub, it attracted some violent types.
I recall being there on whilst a fight with glasses took place one Saturday.

A year or two later it got permanently closed, shortly after bouncers beat an alleged 'thug' to death in the car park.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can remember getting there from Horsham, seem to think it was train to Horsham and then Three Bridges and down to Hassocks. We then use to try to hitch it back and would end up walking at least half of the way back to Horsham.

We'd then swear never to go again, and then came the transport from the Carfax in Horsham, I think!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here