Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Churchill Square NOT Shut

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
True story:

I typed in "There's gonna be a #riot down in Trumpton tonight" this morning on twitter (lyric from HMHB's "Trumpton Riots")

Some guy came straight back with "dumbness expect the pigs at ur house tonight"

I replied "they can find me at Windy's windmill"

The level of paranoia, lack of perspective, not to mention lack of knowledge about cult 1970s kids' programming, is astonishing in this country

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
True story:

I typed in "There's gonna be a #riot down in Trumpton tonight" this morning on twitter (lyric from HMHB's "Trumpton Riots")

The level of paranoia, lack of perspective, not to mention lack of knowledge about cult 1970s kids' programming, is astonishing in this country

Quite extraordinary...and if you told them the Fire Brigade crews names were.'Pugh,Pugh,Barney Mcgrew,Cuthbert,Dibbles,Grub....they'll laugh you off the streets !

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Apparantly its kicking off in Hastings at the moment, but no reports from official sources of course+

Edit: You've heard the "rumour" as well Rock Lobster

Aye, numerous people on FB and twitter panicking. ???

Someone who's in town now said it's pretty quiet.
Don't get why people find it necessary to start rumours like that when no doubt people are already quite nervous about it kicking off near them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
True story:

Ha ha I would have said that actually its in nearby Chigley or Camberwick Green!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ha ha I would have said that actually its in nearby Chigley or Camberwick Green!

Camberwick Green is safe in the hands of PC McGarry :thumbsup:

prodzoomimg690.jpg

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
These whole riots are creating another moral panic surrounding hoodies and tracksuits really. Whenever people will see teenagers wearing these clothes they will immediately think the worst. Anyway, the people rioting are only a very small minority of the population.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I've just walked up London Road and the place is a mess, shops are in bits, hoodies everywhere, carnage on the streets.

No rioting though.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Just been through Brighton. Everything is normal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I just got home from Churchill Square a load of shops were packing up and closing their roller shutter but then opened about 30 minutes later..

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just been into town, nothings happened yet, only saw two police officers and both were CSO's just doing there normal job. Nothing at all different on London road either.

There are A LOT of younger people mentioning similar things about tonight though, all of whom looked up for trouble.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There are A LOT of younger people mentioning similar things about tonight though, all of whom looked up for trouble.

Where? Who are these younger people?

Not getting on your case here but these are just words that would mean anything but are most likely complete bullshit.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Where? Who are these younger people?

Not getting on your case here but these are just words that would mean anything but are most likely complete bullshit.

As I've just said on the other thread, all over town people are talking about this. It may well be bullshit, read my other post to save me re-writing it if you could, I feel there's something in all this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here