Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Churchill Square NOT Shut

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Twitter again, what a joke that people believe a word that's on there.

Oct 25, 2003
What part of following the [MENTION=19110]Sussex[/MENTION]police twitter feed did the OP not understand.

exactly.......sussex police have been quite open thus far, i trust them to keep us all informed about any developments that may happen

FWIW i would be slightly surprised if there was any major trouble in brighton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Love Twitter as I do, it's really not helping the current situation. There's lots of talk that has no basis at all, stuff like the below.

Have heard rumours from FB friends that #londonriots are coming to #Kingston tonight.

I've just been told that #londonriots starting early today in Wandsworth & Bromley, if you live there go home early!!

Unfortunately, although many of them are absolute bollocks at the time they are written, they become self-fulfilling prophecies as the miscreants head out to see what's going on. Enough of them do it in that area and it's very much "game on"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Twitter again, what a joke that people believe a word that's on there.

Funnily enough the police twitter is the one giving out true info. The problem is that people love to post rumours and rush to be the first without checking to see if there's any truth in it at all. A kind of attention seeking.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Things could get interesting if the riots/looting spread to Brighton on Saturday...

Defo be some bum looting going on

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apparantly its kicking off in Hastings at the moment, but no reports from official sources of course+

Edit: You've heard the "rumour" as well Rock Lobster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here