Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chrystal Palace. Countdown to relegation

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
3 more against Everton on Saturday.

If I were you I'd worry about your own p*ss poor start to the season. Will you ever be competitive in the top 2 divisions again?

Much as I agree that Palarse are ddead certs to go down, I would have thought they would have been relatively happy with the result. It's the home games you have to win against your relegation rivals - drawing away is a good result. It strikes me that the result says more about Norwich's chances of survival than Palace's.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes, with the subject all the people from Chrystal Pala*se aren't this good looking ...

ian_dowie.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
paulie

I would rather be in your position than ours if the truth be known.

I think as things stand at the moment we are always going to struggle in a division where we cannot afford decent players and have to rely on loans and frees.

To have one seasons shot at the Premier league would be tremendous, just to see the looks on some of the "world superstars" playing at Withdean in front of 6300, even if we did get stuffed most games.

I have no preconceptions about this season. I thought we played well in the first half against Cov without really threatening and although we were dreadful after the goal, we snatched a draw. I am still yet to be convinced when our first win will be.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
think palace and brighton want the same thing this season,

4th from bottom

Palace have been installed as the bookies hot favourites for an immeditate return to the Football League, with the so called experts not giving Dowie's boys a chance in hell either.

Jordan has backed Dowie this summer in the transfer market and is adamant that he won't stop and be grateful for a season in the Premier League.

"When I first bought our club, I promised that we would be back in the Premiership within five years," Jordan said.

"We have achieved that aim in just four years and whilst both Iain and myself recognise the tremendous quality within the Premiership and the challenge that brings to bear, we are returning with serious intent.

"Neither one of us is grateful to be in the Premiership - we achieved promotion on merit and we have no intention of being cannon-fodder or candidates for immediate relegation.

"The playing squad has been invested in and we will continue that policy. We have, in my opinion, one of the best - if not the best - young managers in the country, a man with huge ambition and drive.

"Obviously, Iain will need the right players and facilities to work with and I will ensure that he is given them.

"We go into the season with optimism, self-belief and - of course - awareness, but those who know anything about Iain and myself will know that we are up for any challenge and will have a real go during the forthcoming season. The players and the mentality of all those behind the scenes at the club is exactly the same."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that paragraph..."mentality" or "mental" relating to the behind the scenes people?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
DTG

Most Palace fans know that the bookies don't get it wrong but we are planning for the future with modest contracts. That said they did play OK at Norwich.

I'd like to think if we do get relegated we'd have 2 games against BHA next year. You need your first win and there are obvious constraints on the finances, but there should be 3 worse teams than you in the C'ship.

BR is right in that we're both up against it but should enjoy the ride. Supporting either club has never been boring.

ps do I now insert random annoying piccies of anything Palace to emulate BR?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
You sometimes see a different game being there. Huckerby aside, I think NCFC have plenty to worry about.

Then again - I had a drink with a Norwich fan afterwards and we both realised it's gonna be tough. You don't have to be a football genius to recognise that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i dont think that palace will do badly this year, i dont think they will stay up but they will do better than west brom and everton, who have the worst team in league

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
so after 3 games they've got one point from a 1-1 draw and let in 6

why does that ring a bell

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
things can only get better the last of the new player should join this week

plus we have no big target man at the moment as ships is out and our new forward was knacked agaist scotland he retirns this week.

palace have 9 new players with 4 more still to join they will take time to bed in ,when they do the points will start to come.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Id have thought a spread bet . . .. Palace - Brighton, on goals scored, conceded, wins and points

theres not going to be much in it

maybe we should get Glovers bookmakers to check it out :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here