28%
What's Wi-Fi?
53%

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just found another poll on their site - not suggesting we get involved, but where is the "I don't believe in Jesus but I celebrate Christmas anyway" option? These Yanks worry me a bit:

Jesus is the reason for the season in our family
We mention Jesus, but it's mostly presents and family
We believe in Jesus, but treat Christmas as non-religious
We don't celebrate Christmas
Jesus is the focus along with family and presents

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's already been replaced with another poll - not sure if that is due to the extremely heavy voting today, or just the natural order of things.

New one is about how important Jesus is to your family at Christmas time. We probably should leave them alone now, but I like their catchy option a), 'Jesus is the reason for the season in our family'.

Edit: You just beat me to it!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was wondering why they would phrase a poll like that and then I looked up a bit about freedom.com, the owners:

OUR PHILOSOPHY
This newspaper is dedicated to furnishing information to our readers so that they can better promote and preserve their own freedom and encourage others to see its blessings. For only when people understand freedom and are free to control all they produce can we develop to our utmost capabilities. We believe that all people are equally endowed by their Creator, and not by a government, with the right to preserve their lives and property and secure more freedom and keep it for themselves and others. Freedom is self-control � no more, no less.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/contactus/

So the "news" they put out is likely to have a bit of a slant too it I suspect!

:lolol: Rednecks.

inbreeding.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Umm, I went for "we don't celebrate Christmas"...far more important to give the message that there are lots of faiths groups and belief systems available, not all of them recognise Christmas as being an important festival.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Umm, I went for "we don't celebrate Christmas"...far more important to give the message that there are lots of faiths groups and belief systems available, not all of them recognise Christmas as being an important festival.

Except it is a poll ABOUT Christmas which just happens to be this week (for most, but not all).

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Except it is a poll ABOUT Christmas which just happens to be this week (for most, but not all).

Indeed it is, but not celebrating Christmas is of course a valid choice for all who are not Christian or whose faith does not celebrate that particular festival.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And ill bet a pound to a f***ing penny you wouldnt interfere with a poll from any of the "faith groups and belief systems" we must all " respect and accept", whats your f***ing problem ? its a poll in a newspaper from a no doubt 99% christian area and your banging on about "lots of faith groups and belief systems", you really are a prize cock.

I love JESUS polls. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the thought of JESUS on a poll.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i sent the link to my work colleagues all over the US and they were voting along with us...:lol:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
And ill bet a pound to a f***ing penny you wouldnt interfere with a poll from any of the "faith groups and belief systems" we must all " respect and accept", whats your f***ing problem ? its a poll in a newspaper from a no doubt 99% christian area and your banging on about "lots of faith groups and belief systems", you really are a prize cock.

Bloody hell Bushy, get out of the bed on the wrong side did we...where did your usual sense of humour and appreciation of irony dissapear to?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bloody hell Bushy, get out of the bed on the wrong side did we...where did your usual sense of humour and appreciation of irony dissapear to?
got to admit , came in witth a raging hangover and it was one of those mornings where evrything that can go wrong , does, forgot ive even posted it, anyway in the spirit of christmas or hannukah or whatever floats your boat, i apologise :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here