Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas officially stinks

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Why is it every year, just before xmas you come down with a bad cold and feel totally shit throughout your time off.

I now got a stinking cold. Im trying to keep going with Lemsips, but I feel that worse is to come.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
adrian29uk said:
Why is it every year, just before xmas you come down with a bad cold and feel totally shit throughout your time off.

Time off over Christmas? What the heck is that?

You want to count yourself lucky mate.

For a lot of people, time off over Christmas consists of Christmas Day and nothing else.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
adrian29uk said:
I work 12 hours a day Monday - Friday

so I deserve my time off.

I didn't say that you don't deserve it, I just think it's pathetic that you get something a lot of people don't have the chance to enjoy, and you're whining about it being 'ruined' by a cold.

Grow up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Christmas is cancelled at our work

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
cant wait this is teh first xmas where i'll be off for a long time, 22nd-2nd with only covering on call on the 28th 29th 30th :clap:

looking forward to 10 days of relaxing and doing f'all

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Colds are prevalent at this time of year due to all the kissing and intimate contact that comes with the festive spirit.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frutos said:
I didn't say that you don't deserve it, I just think it's pathetic that you get something a lot of people don't have the chance to enjoy, and you're whining about it being 'ruined' by a cold.

Grow up.
I just enjoy the "goodwill to all" feeling that prevails at this time of year.

:)

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Frutos said:

Grow up.

If your job forces you to work over Xmas look for another job in the new year.

Same thing!!

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I'll trade you a few sniffles for my puking baby, daughter who is an insomniac and son who sees nothing wrong with pummelling said daughter black and blue 17 hours a day.

Feel better soon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
adrian29uk said:
If your job forces you to work over Xmas look for another job in the new year.

Same thing!!

My job has nothing to do with it.

I just find it pathetic that a supposedly grown and mature man should be whining that his Christmas is being 'ruined' by a cold, as if that's the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to anyone.

Take a look outside your own world and you'll learn quick enough to count your blessings, and that a cold is a minor inconvenience.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Frutos said:

I just find it pathetic that a supposedly grown and mature man should be whining that his Christmas is being 'ruined' by a cold, as if that's the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to anyone.

Take a look outside your own world and you'll learn quick enough to count your blessings, and that a cold is a minor inconvenience.

Oi take a chill pill unlike u to get this upset over such a small thing

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Frutos said:

Blimey! Chill out man! He never said it was the worst thing that could happen to anyone, he just had a bit of a cold-induced grumble about how pants it is to feel ill just as a break from work comes round, and whether he was being completely lighthearted, totally serious or somewhere in between is neither discernable from his message, nor particularly relevant, and certainly not worthy of such a massive flaming.

To be honest, you're only a step away from greeting someone who posts "Good morning everyone!" with a "Not for the starving kids of Africa it isn't" diatribe.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Frutos said:

Grow up.

Christ, easy guv'nor.

So if you took a week off work and spent the entire week feeling shit you wouldn't feel a little pissed off about it....??

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It is pretty pants to get a cold when you're on holibobs..Poor Arthur has had one and the snot production is incredible! Hopefully he's on the mend now...

It is easy to get pissed off when that happens, if you're anything like me - I like to wallow in self pity and "woe is me" and all that when I have a cold... :blush: :angel: Forgetting of course that at this time of year we're supposed to be full of good spirit and joyous giving etc...:lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
bhafc99 said:

To be honest, you're only a step away from greeting someone who posts "Good morning everyone!" with a "Not for the starving kids of Africa it isn't" diatribe.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: actual laughter

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I just enjoy the "goodwill to all" feeling that prevails at this time of year.

:)

Agreed, good call :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here