Votes: 59 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Snowman, I think Stumpy and Simster can vouch for me liking that film.

and I haven't seen "It's a Wonderful Life"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's the final NSC deserves. I think Chrimbo films are going to be the real winner here, whatever the outcome. I voted SNOWMAN but the IAWL is a classic in it's own right.

And it's tighter than a GNAT's CHUFF. :clap:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life...

choose ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
thumb03.gif

can only be one WINNER

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A little bit of trivia. The Snowman in 1982 was released in the UK in the cinema's as the film before ET - The Extraterrestrial.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For me its Mike Tyson ( Its a Wonderful Life ) against Timmy, Hove Born & Bred ( The Snowman ).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
It's a Wonderful Life simply HAS to win this.

A heart-warming tale of a man who battles against adversity and his inner demons to ultimately triumph against corporate greed, versus a cartoon about a Snowman that melts.

Come on people, you know it makes sense.
What he said.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
where is Muppett Christmas Carol? I watched that last week on the DVDboxthing and it was brilliant....funny yet sad, ironic yet poignant, human yet puppety......just marvellous
Sadly Dave not everybody on NSC has our highly-tuned and sophisticated critical faculties. The junior bedwetters made an unholy alliance with the resident retards and they all voted for the Snowman thus depriving one of the greatest films of all times it's rightful place in the final.

However we can perhaps expunge the stain on NSC by at least making sure the Jimmy Stewart CLASSIC wins this vote. Having the Snowman win this would be like saying The Birdie Song is the greatest-ever single.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Simple

It's a Wonderful Life = The Best Christmas Film of all time
The Snowman = mildly interesting animation

The fact that this poll is even close says a lot for the average mental age NSC posters.

Enough said

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Have IP addresses been checked against every vote to check for irregular voting patterns?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The Snowman is worthy of an honourable mention because of it's Brighton connections - but - anyone with half a brain just has to vote for Its a Wonderful Life.

in fact, It's a Wonderful Film

Get out there and vote, and vote often...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Take a closer look at Capra’s It's A Wonderful Life, one tough movie for much of its running time, since it shows how irrepressibly decent James Stewart has had to sacrifice his own dreams of travel and achievement to sustain his family's loan company on which the local community depends. Decades of self-denying service lead him to, well, contemplate suicide from a bridge at Christmas since his insurance policiy seems the only thing able to rescue the operation from financial doom. Not such a wonderful life then after all, until Henry Travers's passing trainee angel shows him the corruption and misery which would have overrun his home town Bedford Falls had he not been bonr. The climactic affirmation of genuine friendship and mutual reliance is so affecting precisely because it’s so darn hard-won. The triumph over – and thus sublimation of – the fear of loss is at the heart of Capra's film.
IT%27S%2BA%2BWONDERFUL%2BLIFE.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here