Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Decorations!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Who has put up there decorations? 1st day of Xmas today!!

Here's mine!
christmas%20lights%20lrg.jpg

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
:lolol: Well I have started to put stuff up - got bored and started posting on nsc again!:rolleyes:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The mrs has already written most of the cards and if she had her way would be putting the decorations up as soon as possible were it not for the fact that they are stashed at the back of the loft and she can't get to them.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The kids opened their advent calenders today and were peeved off that I didn't provide a chocolate in each pocket for them! lol All my cards are written and addressed ready to be mailed as soon as I can get to the post office. All presents are brought and wrapped.

We're going at the weekend to chop down a Christmas tree and will probably decorate on Sunday.

There is a house not far from us that has more bleedin' lights than Blackpool Illuminations, I don't mind it and it looks pretty but there is a limit to how many you can have before crossing the line into tackiness.

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Starry said:

There is a house not far from us that has more bleedin' lights than Blackpool Illuminations, I don't mind it and it looks pretty but there is a limit to how many you can have before crossing the line into tackiness.

NONE?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its December? Bugger :eek:

I've got presents bought and wrapped for most people, thats about it. Barely remember that it was November let alone it being December now.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
We won't be putting ours up until the w/end of the 17th/18th.

I've not even thought about what to buy people for Christmas. But there's ages to go...

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
It was quite funny watching them try to put the tree up in Brighton Station earlier. At one point it was looking like it may go straight through the coffee bar on the station concourse.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well,i dont know if you get the same 'back home' but around Stoke the locals start to plaster the outside of their homes from mid-november onwards,the best i have seen is some headcase put his lights up and on,on October 20th :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I put my tree up today. I'm always keen, but I have to wait until December, I can't deal with Christmas in November. I was driving around for work the other day and saw t least 3 houses in Moulescoomb with their lights up outside, that was on the 25th :nono:

Wouldn't turn my place into a winter wonderland, but if other people want to do it, good luck to them. Yes, it might be tacky, but it's only one month of the year, ish, so if people want glowing Santas, dashing reindeer, inflatable snowmen and dancing elves, who are we to mock?

I like going outside at this year and seeing other people's festive efforts.

To the people who moan about it: bah humbug

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here