Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christian Walton (permanent transfer to Ipswich)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Good Cornish lad our Christian :)

Is that the same as a Game Hen?

Cornish game hen (also Rock Cornish game hen) is the USDA-approved name for a particular variety of broiler chicken, produced from a cross between the Cornish and White Plymouth Rock chicken breeds, that is served young and immature, weighing no more than two pounds (900 g) ready to cook.[1][2]

Despite the name, the Cornish game hen is not a game bird. The name is doubly a misnomer because both males and females are served as Cornish game hens, meaning that many are not actually hens.[3] Bred to develop a large breast over a short period of time,[2] the fowl weighs roughly 2.5 pounds (1.1 kilograms) when slaughtered at four to six weeks of age[2] and typically commands a higher price per pound than mature chicken.[4] Adult Cornish game hens are not smaller than standard broiler chickens; the size of cooked Cornish game hens is due solely to the very young age at which they are slaughtered. The Cornish game hen is known for its tender meat, which absorbs marinades and seasonings readily.

Because Christian isn't as young as he used to be.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Got a feeling if Bart is back and fit Rushworth will be loaned to Ipswich and he will be their 1st choice keeper and play.
I think that was something that might have been on the cards - until they bought Muric. Or maybe they bought Muric to be the no.1 when the move for Rushworth (if there was one) broke down.

Jul 20, 2003
I posted this little tit bit elsewhere.

Christian Walton has had more career league starts than Danny Welbeck.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I posted this little tit bit elsewhere.

Christian Walton has had more career league starts than Danny Welbeck.
How many international caps or champions league medals has he got ? 😂

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Notlob is not a palindrome. It is 'Bolton' spelt backwards, but that is not a palindrome either.
Oh dear oh dear.

Everyone should know that Mr Praline got on the Bolton train and found himself deposited in Ipswich, but was in fact in Bolton.
On hearing this he returns to the Pet Shop, where upon he tells the shop owner that this in fact Bolton, but the shop owner had told him it was Ipswich.

The owner says it was a pun.

Mr Praline A PUN???

The shop owner says no not a pun, what's the thing that spells the same forward as backwards.

A palindrome,

The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob, it don't work.

Hence the reason why Ipswich is known as Notlob

Anyway I didn't want to explain the ending of The Dead Parrott sketch, I wanted to be .................. a Lumberjack!!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear oh dear.

Everyone should know that Mr Praline got on the Bolton train and found himself deposited in Ipswich, but was in fact in Bolton.
On hearing this he returns to the Pet Shop, where upon he tells the shop owner that this in fact Bolton, but the shop owner had told him it was Ipswich.

Mr Praline A PUN???

The shop owner says no not a pun, what's the thing that spells the same forward as backwards.

A palindrome,

Anyway I didn't want to explain the ending of The Dead Parrott sketch, I wanted to be .................. a Lumberjack!!
You'd probably been better off pretending to be a lumberjack.

Doubt you'd have fooled anyone though ..... :shrug:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Oh dear oh dear.

Mr Praline A PUN???

A palindrome,

Next time, just Ipswich will do ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here