Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Starting up front for NZ, just about to start, not sure if it's on anywhere else but it's streamed live on Bet365.

Not exactly earth shattering news but it is half 8 on a Sunday morning!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd be very surprised to see him back here.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd be very disappointed

I'm in two minds about him. He did well at League One level but he did miss a lot (okay so did Barnes). If he came back a loan would be the best option.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I wouldn't object to a loan deal. He is still learning his game.

We have already got a forward learning his trade (barnes)
We don't need another one especially wood.
I would be most upset if he returned, but I have an awful feeling he will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He may be young but he doesn't use his height and size to impose himself and that's a worry to me as you shouldn't need to coach that should you? He does have some nice touches on the ball though. Definitely not a goal poacher either

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
his (and Barnes') strike ratio, goals to games is up there with Murray. Was he also still learning his game?

please get real folks - I've been fortunate enough to see Bobby Smith, Dean Saunders, Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora in the stripes but that's over 50 years. For the most part the Woods, Murrays and Barnes (and even Kit Napiers!) is where football is at.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I really don't think he is/was as bad as some on here would like to make him out to be.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back here on a season long loan.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just got taken off, first time he's been mentioned since they read the teams out at the start.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
his (and Barnes') strike ratio, goals to games is up there with Murray. Was he also still learning his game?

please get real folks - I've been fortunate enough to see Bobby Smith, Dean Saunders, Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora in the stripes but that's over 50 years. For the most part the Woods, Murrays and Barnes (and even Kit Napiers!) is where football is at.

Totally agree. He is only 19 ffs! Big, not slow and would, I believe, score between 10 and 15 goals for us next season if we got him for another season on loan. With Oba whatshisname looking as though he will go to Arsenal, I doubt WBA will let us have him though.

TNBA

TTF

BeeGee

Feb 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Watched the game here in Adelaide (5.00pm KO), pissing rain,
Australia won 3-0 and only played a few regulars with the rest being youngsters.
NZ was undermanned and jet-lagged from a game in the US against Mexico, having lost 4-0.
Chris Wood looked even more like a donkey in the wet, too slow, unable to hold the ball up for NZ.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Watched the game here in Adelaide (5.00pm KO), pissing rain,
Australia won 3-0 and only played a few regulars with the rest being youngsters.
NZ was undermanned and jet-lagged from a game in the US against Mexico, having lost 4-0.
Chris Wood looked even more like a donkey in the wet, too slow, unable to hold the ball up for NZ.

At last , some one else who can see wood is an Ass

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

So sorry, thought people may be interested seeing as he spent most of last season with us and probably has a chance of coming back next.

As I said, it was hardly a revalation but there wasn't a lot else going on at half 8 this morning.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So sorry, thought people may be interested seeing as he spent most of last season with us and probably has a chance of coming back next.

As I said, it was hardly a revalation but there wasn't a lot else going on at half 8 this morning.

Well, I'll say thanks for the info. Its snippets like that that keeps NSC interesting. :thumbsup:. Ignore some of the wankers on here.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I would be very disappointed if he was with us as it suggests that all other transfer targets we didn't get,
Utter turd. For a massive guy, seldom won anything in the air. Division 1 player at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here