Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Powell.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Quite impressed by Chris Powell he just gets on with the job. There is something classy about having a dignified Manager who isn't full of cheap soundbites or histrionics. Happy to let the footie make the headlines. Laudrup and to some extent McDermott, Martinez and Hughton come to mind too. Exert their authority through calm firmness. Can't imagine any of them unleashing the teacups or hairdryer. I guess they have their moments, but do it behind closed doors. Maybe they have a brutal no.2 who does all the enforcing.

What a contrast with Di Canio.

I would add Tony Mowbray to that little list as well. Another thumbs up for Powell from me also.

Apr 12, 2011
Agree with the above, comes across as a good guy. Funnily enough his testimonial for Charlton at the Withdean was my first ever Albion game.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
When two black players were abused by wall fans they wanted to make a complaint to the fa. He put the block on em he said im a londoner first and black second. He got respect for that.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
His behaviour on the sidelines was in total contrast to Billy Davies the game before.

Wish more managers could conduct themselves with a bit more dignity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully appreciate what he has done for CHARLTON but would never want us to be playing the same way so unless he could adapt I wouldn't want him as our manager in the future.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I fully appreciate what he has done for CHARLTON but would never want us to be playing the same way so unless he could adapt I wouldn't want him as our manager in the future.

If Gus could get our players working as hard as that, we'd be at the top of the table.
Chris Powell was a model player who got recognition late in his career, and now a model manager.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
What is it with Charlton? We admire their set-up, applaud their tactics, clap the fans, salute the manager. They even hate Palace. They're just too damn likeable!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Gus could get our players working as hard as that, we'd be at the top of the table.
Chris Powell was a model player who got recognition late in his career, and now a model manager.

What do want from your team hard work a la Powell or entertainment a la Gus. I want the entertainment as I would be bored to tears if we played like Charlton either at home or even away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Errrrrr, work hard AND entertain?

I believe that we have that with GUS in that we defend in depth for long periods and our only let down has been lack of concentration when nearing the end of the game. If we could play out the game for the added on time we would be in an automatic promotion spot now. This is down to the players and not Gus. Also if we could cut out the individual mistakes like at Forest we would be fine . There is nothing wrong with our set up that needs major adjustment just a little tinkering and fine tuning

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Loving the Adick love in here. Sir Chris Powell is a very fine man and manager, revered by us at The Valley. Always dinified and always has time for supporters. He really is one of the good guys but with the ability to make difficult decisions over players. With him, seemingly, you are either in or most certainly out. He is quick to release players on loan and will make very quick judgements.
When he came we were at rock bottom, he redesigned the squad based on the revenue of what one player, Jenkinson, raised when sold to Arsenal for £1m
Enjoy the rest of the season, keep flying high Seagulls. 3-0 win in the playoff final v Palace....what a day that would be....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here